Astrid

"Who the ever-loving fuck is Jake?" I ask, rushing over to my bedside drawer.

"He's the fellow that you see earlier. You know the one that stayed after all the other crew members had walked away, yeah, he's that one," he shrugs his shoulders before he lays down in the middle of my bed.

"Get out of my bed, and yeah, I know the one. Why is he on my ship?" I ask, grabbing my gun and making sure that it's loaded.

I had grabbed it in the nick of time because as soon as I pushed the clip back in and loaded it, Jake had managed to break my redneck engineered lock and was inside the room. I aim the gun at him, and he aims his right back at me. "I was going to let him get back on his ship, I just needed to figure out how to get out of here first," I say, trying to be confident but I could hear my voice wavering.

"You're not getting out of here. You're stuck with us now," Ace says from behind me.

It takes everything in me not to swing around and hit him with the butt of my gun, but I know that as soon as I turn my back on Jake, he's going to shoot me. I try to concentrate on Jake in front of me but it's hard when Ace presses the front of his body against my back. "You were just distracting me, you are going to take me prisoner," I whisper.

"You weren't going to be my prisoner. Not at first anyways, but now since you've attacked me, I think that you need to spend some time in a jail cell. What do you think Jake?" Ace puts his head on my shoulder and waits for his crew member to answer him.

Jake is checking me out, his eyes darting from my head to my toes. While he does this, I can feel Ace's hands on my waist, his thumb rubbing the spot where my shirt had lifted a little bit when I raised the gun. It was throwing off my thinking game and I can't help but think that this could've gone so much more differently if he hadn't ambushed me the way he did with his crew. It felt like he literally brought me here to be a sacrifice. "I think some time in a jail cell could do her some good," Jake starts, walking up to me, ignoring my gun that follows his head, "But I bet the guys would love a turn with her. She's quite easy on the eyes. I wouldn't mind having a turn with her, after you captain of course."

He goes to rub my face with his nasty hands, and I spit in his face. He takes a step back and wipes his face. "You bitch, I changed my mind. She's not good enough for our men"

He takes another step forward and raises his hand like he's going to hit me but that's the moment that Ace feels the need to step in, "Enough Jake, she was never yours or the others for the taking," He lowers his head back to my shoulder so he can whisper in my ear, "If she's going to be anybody's whore she's going to be mine."

There was no point in whispering in my ear because it was meant for Jake to hear, which he did because Ace is shit at whispering. He only did that so he could get under my skin, it worked because a shiver went down my spine. He ran his arms along mine until he reached the gun I was holding. At this point I felt as though my brain had turned off and all I could think about was his skin on mine. He snatched the gun out of my hands with ease and then tossed it to Jake who put his own gun away. He didn't aim my gun at me, because I was officially unarmed, but he examined it like he had never seen it before. It wasn't a new model or anything but then again, Ace was surprised at my boat and the engine that ran it.

I continue to watch Jake mess with my gun, praying he doesn't accidentally shoot me. Meanwhile Ace is forcing my arms behind my back and when he gets them where he wants them, he looks at Jake, "You got the rope?"

Jake looks up momentarily and grunts before reaching behind him and pulling a rope off the back of his belt. Ace snatches it up and starts to tie my hands. He doesn't tie them tight, and I start to wonder why, but before I can ask him, he starts pushing me towards Jake and the door. I hesitated to move my feet at first because Jake is kind of scary and it looks like he doesn't know how to handle my loaded gun. I'm terrified of being shot and that's enough for me to not move my feet. Ace must have sensed my hesitation because he starts barking out orders at Jake, "Give me the damn gun and get your feet moving. I'm tired and I would like to see my crew before I go to bed for the night."