Chapter 9

Jenna nodded, her expression sympathetic. "That's totally fine," she said. "I changed my major three times before I settled on psychology. What do you think you might be interested in?"

Alex felt a flicker of relief at the ease of their conversation. "I've been leaning towards something in the tech field," he said. "Maybe computer science or something like that."

Jenna's eyes lit up. "Oh, that's cool!" she exclaimed. "My roommate is a computer science major. She's always talking about her coding projects. It's like a different language to me, but it sounds pretty interesting."

Just as Alex was about to answer Jenna, the sound of footsteps approached them. Professor Smith, a tall man with a wild mop of gray hair, strode from behind them.

"Ah, my eager little scholars," he said, his voice booming in the hallway. He pulled out a set of keys and unlocked the classroom door with a flourish, swinging it wide to reveal the rows of desks and chairs neatly arranged inside.

Alex took a deep breath and followed the other students into the classroom, his heart racing as he scanned the room for an empty seat. He settled into the first available desk, his plastic diaper crinkling softly as he sat down. The sound was faint, but he was acutely aware of it, his cheeks burning with each subtle movement.

Jenna caught his eye and gave him a warm smile before making her way over to the seat next to Alex."Hi again," she said, setting her bag down.

Professor Smith's lecture began, his voice a comforting drone that filled the room. Alex's mind, however, was racing. Rachel's text message echoed in his head, and the diaper between his legs was a constant reminder of his precarious situation. He took notes as best he could, but his thoughts kept drifting back to the humiliating scene he'd witnessed earlier that morning.

The math lesson today was on calculus, a subject Alex had always found fascinating. The professor's enthusiasm was infectious, and Alex found himself getting lost in the world of derivatives and integrals, if only for a brief moment. They were covering the fundamental theorem of calculus, which Alex had a solid grasp on from his high school days. It was a complex topic, but one that he found oddly calming amidst his current chaos.

The chime of the clock brought Alex back to reality. The professor, noticing the time, clapped his hands together. "Alright, class," he announced. "That's all for today. Remember to read the first chapter of your textbook for tomorrow, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions."

As the students began to pack up their bags and murmur among themselves, Alex felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to find Jenna smiling at him. "So, what did you think of the lecture?" she asked, her eyes bright with curiosity.

"It was pretty good," he answer "I've always liked calculus. It's just...different in college, you know?"Jenna nodded, her eyes still sparkling with interest. "I know what you mean," she said. "But hey, at least we're all in this together, right?"

They chatted as they left the classroom, their conversation a mix of academic banter and getting-to-know-you pleasantries. Alex found himself relaxing slightly in Jenna's company, the diaper under his shorts feeling a little less like a prison sentence and more like a strange, slightly less embarrassing, part of his new life.

As they made their way through the crowded hallway, Jenna glanced at her watch. "It's almost lunchtime," she said, her stomach giving a little growl. "You should totally come with me and my friends to the café. We always sit outside so it's nice and breezy."

He didn't want to miss out on making new friends, especially not with someone as kind and welcoming as Jenna. "Yeah, sure," He answer "That sounds great."

They wove through the throngs of students making their way to the café. The warmth of the sun beat down on them, but the occasional gusts of wind provided a much-needed break from the heat. The scent of freshly cut grass and the distant aroma of food wafted through the air, making Alex's stomach rumble.

The café was a bustling hub of activity, with students milling about, laughing and chatting. Jenna led him to an outdoor table under the shade of a large oak tree, already occupied by a group of her friends.

"Guys, this is Alex," she announced, gesturing to him with a wide smile. "He's new here, so let's make him feel welcome."

Her friends looked up from their plates, their eyes curious and friendly. "Hi Alex," they chorused in unison. Alex felt his cheeks heat up again, but he managed a shy smile in return.

"This is Mark," she said, pointing to a guy with spiky blond hair and a mischievous glint in his eye. "He's studying business. Then there's Emily," she indicated a girl with curly red hair, "she's in the art department."

Alex nodded, trying to remember their names as he slid into the empty seat across from them. "Nice to meet you," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper