Chapter 20

'What's so important, you forgot how to knock?' I ask Aurora

'Good night?' She asks with a smile on her face, ignoring my question.

'What?'

'And morning.' She chuckles.

'Is that seriously what you wanted to talk to me about?'

'Maybe.' She shrugs.

'You're unreal, you know that!'

'Yeah.' She says proudly, like it was a compliment.

I roll my eyes at her but she ignores it, going back to making breakfast. But as much as she annoys me I won't ever be able to repay her for what she's done. She's the reason I have Luna, something I'll be grateful for, for the rest of my life.

'Aurora?' I ask across the kitchen counter.

'Yeah?' She asks, not looking up.

'What happened yesterday? How did you get Nova back?'

'It was quite simple.' She starts.

*** Aurora POV ***

20 hours earlier

'Come on loser, mums given me permission to leave my room to take Echo and Luna into town and you're coming too.' I call out to Archer who's still laying in bed.

'I'm not in the mood.' He sulks, probably over Luna.

'Come on, please. You know them better than I do.' I try to plead, thinking of any excuse to drag him with us.

'When has that ever held you back?' He throws back at me, knowing I'm not the sort of person to get nervous in front of new people.

'Roan also wants us to have a chaperone. Come on.' I beg.

'No.' He shouts from the bed.

'Don't make me send Luna to come get you. We're leaving in 20 minutes.' I warn him, needing him to come with us to execute my master plan of rescuing Nova.

I head off down the hall and make my way to the room where Echo Had been staying. When I'm sure I hear Archer finally moving around his room I knock on the door, quickly rushing in to ask her for her help.

She looks at me with wide eyes, obviously still nervous in my presence. I haven't had much time to talk to Echo, but after what I heard through Archers bedroom wall last night I was pretty sure she would help me.

'Hey' I start off saying, as I approach her bed slowly not to scare the skittish girl in front of me.

'Hi' she says back, not taking her eyes off of me.

I perch on the edge of her bed, not sure how to start the conversation. Talking had never been a problem for me before but I'm still not sure how to starts a conversation with someone where it involves them betraying their own parent.

'You seem to get on well with Luna?' I start, trying to find some common ground with her.

'Yeah, she's like the sister I never had.' She admits.

'That's nice' I tell her.

Followed by another silence.

'Did you know Luna has a younger sister? Just a few years younger than you.'

'Yeah, but my dad doesn't let Luna see her.' She tells me, although I already know.

'It's not right. Family should be together.' I tell her as I try to gage how far she'll go.