Chapter 34

I watch Luna scramble backwards on the floor, trying to put as much space as she can between her and Roan, but it's no use. He lunges forward and grabs hold of her ankle, pulling her back towards him.

'Where do you think you're going? Roan asks her.

'No, no, no...' Luna screams.

'You're mine Luna. You belong to me.' He growls at her.

'No, let her go.' I shout to him, but that only seems to egg him on.

'I was looking forward to having you, pet. But you had to let him in first. No worries. I can still have my fill of you, for now.' He says, pulling a knife from his pocket, holding it to her throat to try and get her to stop fighting him.

The tip of the blade digs in to her throat, causing Lunas breathing to falter.

'Stop, Roan. Please.' I beg. 'Don't hurt her.' Pulling against Jake's hold on me.

But he ignores me, focusing all his attention on Luna.

'Stop moving.' Roan growls at Luna as a bead of blood appears at the tip of the knife.

When she stops trying to resist he gives her one more tug as he pulls her even closer to him, crawling on top of her, leering at her naked body.

'Luna...Luna, Luna, Luna. You've done this to yourself. How dare you spread your legs for him when you are mine.'

He runs the back of his hand down her face, across her cheek where he runs his finger along her lip causing a tear to fall from her eye.

'Oh no. Don't cry.' Roan tells her. 'At least not just yet.' He adds, showing his teeth in a sinister smile that stretches the whole way across his face.

She screams desperately when she sees the flash in his eyes. The flash that tells her what he's going to do. All I can do is watch as she tries to fight him off, but he's too strong for her to push at. He didn't even flinch where she dug her claws into his flesh, scratches deep enough to make him bleed.

'Get off of her.' I shout one more time, but he doesn't even look back. It's like I haven't spoken.

He pushes her knee apart, opening her legs for him to climb between.

The fear in her eyes is too much to bear. She knows what he's about to do. He's going to rape her, while he forces me to watch. Like he tried to do with my own mother not long ago. The look of determination on his face, lets me know he thinks he'll actually get away with this. But he forgot which family he's messing with.

Roan Throws the knife away as he uses his body to weigh Luna down as he moves his hands tot he waistband of his bottoms. Luna screams and swings her hands in front of his face as she tries to hurt him enough for him to let her go. She tries to thrash her legs around as well, trying to find something to push off of, to get enough momentum to free herself, with no luck. Roan pulls at his bottoms, exposing his flaccid length and as he moves his hand between his legs to try and harden himself.

That's the point I feel it. The anger that built up so much in my body that I double over as my bones start to crack as I shift into my wolf form. The transformation takes over my body in mere seconds, not giving Jake any warning as he's sent flying through the sky, knocking him unconscious after his head collides with a tree. His limp body falls to the floor with a loud thud, causing Roan to spin around on his heels, the smile on his face fading fast.

'No.' He shouts at me. 'I win. I always win.' He says through gritted teeth as he stands to his feet in front of me.

Luna claws herself backwards before she jumps to her feet and runs out of reach, hiding behind a tree as she watches the scene unfold.

'I guess I can kill you, but I would have like you to watch me fuck your mate first.' He spits, trying to cover up the shocked expression he just wore on his face. 'But just so you know, after I kill you I'm going to fuck her so hard she'll be screaming my name. She won't even remember who you are when I'm done with her.' He snarls.

A small whimper escapes from the lips of a scared Luna hiding behind a tree. His threats do something to me. Something I can't explain. The anger in me builds, especially when I think about him forcing himself on her. Forcing his way between her legs. If I don't stop him now then those fears will only become a reality. I'd rather risk my life than let Luna go through that. I'd rather die than let this monster live. Someone had to stop him and that was going to be me.

My limbs become sore and my back aches as I snarl and bear my teeth at him. It feels like the floor grows further away from me as my claws lengthen and my teeth sharpen in my mouth.

The look on Roans face shifts from gleeful to panic. His eyes widen and his mouth drops open as he seems to shrink in size.

'Archer?' Luna breathes out, from her spot behind a tree.

Her lips are parted in awe as she steps out, edging closer to me with her hand raised.
I look at her in confusion as she strides over to me. She seems smaller somehow than before.

Her eyes meet mine as she reaches to touch me, gently running her fingers down my snout.

'Well isn't this very touching.' Roan shouts, trying to regain his composure.

My eyes leave Lunas to look at him. I walk forward to put myself between them, protecting my mate from the man who just tried to rape her.

'Looks like the little boys all grown up now.' He teases me.

I look down my body, to my front legs. He was right, I have grown. My new form stretches out in front of me making me look bigger, stronger than I did before. I must be closer to my dads size now, definitely bigger then Roan. But that doesn't stop him from goading me.

'I guess you're ready to play with the big boys now.' He says as he rips his shirt off. I watch the bones jut out of his back. I watch his bones snap and realign before healing back into place as he falls forward into all fours. He shifts in front of me quickly. Not as fast as me, but quick enough that I can't get much of a jump on him. But as he staggers forward, trying to adjust to his form I throw myself at his, teeth and claws ready to sink into his flesh, Ready to show him who he's messed with.