FAQS

1. When will The Shortys start?

 The official launch date of our contest is September 1st, 2024.

2. Can I submit more than one entry? 

Yes, you are welcome to submit as many entries as you wish per category.

3. Can I write for all three categories? 

Yes, you can write and submit to each category.

4. Where are the prompts?

The prompts will be posted in a new separate chapter in this book on September 1st. Be sure to add this book to your library to get notified once we are live. 

5. Can I submit an existing story or poem? No, they need to be newly written for this challenge and posted after September 1st, 2024.

6. Can I post all my entries together in one title on my profile? 

Yes, you are welcome to do that. However, you will still need to fill out the submission form once per entry, so we are clear on how many and which entries you are submitting.

7. Where can I find the link to my poem or story to submit it? 

Here is an article from the help center to guide you on how to share your story.

8. Can I use ChatGPT to help me? 

We strongly advise against it since you cannot claim the copyright to AI-generated content, and you need to own and control all the rights to the poem or story you submit.

9. I'm not good at making covers, will this affect my chances? 

Not at all. We consider the poem or story, not the cover or any graphics/media.

10. I have a Character that uses some non-English dialogue, is this okay? 

Yes, if the primary language is English, you are allowed to use phrases from other languages to lend authenticity. However, ensure English readers will understand it within the context of your poem or story.

11. Will you make the judging scores and feedback public? 

No, we won't make any entry scores public, and we won't be able to provide feedback.

12. Can I submit a story with LGBTQ+ or Diverse Characters? 

Yes, you can. We welcome all diverse and inclusive stories.

13. Where can I submit my story/poem? 

You can submit your story or poem on the Submissions page, which will be published after September 1st. 

14. Can I write a mature story? 

Yes, you can, as long as your story abides by Wattpad Content Guidelines. 

15. Are the judges or contest team participating in the contest as well?

No, the monitoring and judging team will not be participating in the contest to ensure fairness. 

16. Is this contest sponsored by Wattpad HQ?

No. This contest is organized, managed, and judged entirely by the Ambassadors Team, which consists of users who volunteer their free time to Wattpad.

The Shortys contest is not affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. If Wattpad decides to feature or otherwise recognize any of this contest's entries, that is entirely Wattpad's choice. It does not impact on The Shortys team's decisions on winners of this contest in any way.  

17. Is Prose Poetry Accepted in The Shortys?

We are accepting prose poetry entries. Please remember that prose poetry needs to have flow and rhythm. You can submit this under Poetry but please note it is prose.

If you are submitting a prose poetry entry, it cannot be more than 1000 words.