Sciency Strutting

Trigger warning(s): Healed SH.

Picture frame, bored, strutted around the grassy contest field. He approached Konghou and Opalite, Konghou very obviously disturbed. Opalite seemed to be comforting her.

"What if- that happens to WFB? Or Otamatone? I wouldn't be able to live with myself.."

Konghou empathetically remarked. Opalite, shocked, stood up to greet Picture Frame.

"Er- hey. I was just talking to Konghou. What's happening?"

Opalite does some stupid finger guns at Picture Frame. Picture Frame looks at them confused.

Why did I just do that ohhhhhhhhhmygodimsocringe, Opalite thought to themselves.

"Oh, nothing. Just walking around. Konghou seems distressed, how come?"

Picture frame questions. He observed Konghou's anxious face expression. She sighed and got up.

"Oh, nothing. Just worried about something stupid."

She smiled brightly. Picture frame walked away, still suspicious of her. Konghou yells something incoherent at him. Probably just a simple "goodbye".

~Later...~

Konghou was watching Cherry work on something in her secret underground science lab. It was most likely another contestants property, but Cherry didn't seem to give that a mere thought. She fumbled eith some viles, picking up a box of gloves.

"Food safe, of course."

Cherry joked. She laughed a bit, before swiftly getting back to fixing the messy science lab. Konghou looked around, spiderwebs plastering the corners of walls, the broken flourescent lights, and the lack of light made it unsettling. She watched as Cherry dound a lab coat hanging on the wall.

"Hm... Just for good measure."

Cherry threw on the lab coat, and stuffed a vile in there with a cork sealing it shut. Nothing was in it, so Konghou assumed it would be filled up later. Konghou flew to the side of Cherry while she was working, and started boredly asking questions.

"So uh.. What're you gonna do with this setup?"

Konghou pestered.

"Nothing."

Cherry sighed, and looked towards a broken clock on the wall, somehow ticking on and accurate. This place semmed like it was abandoned...forever ago, and meant to be used for a chellenge later on.

"I don't even know how this- ACK!"

Cherry, out of nowhere, slipped on a wet puddle, seemingly from a leaking sink, and fell backwards. She groaned, and tried standing up slowly. Konghou helped, but her immense body weight was too heavy for her. Luckily, Cherry'd helped herself up. A small shard of glass had gotten in her hair, and she picked it out to inspect it.

"Huh... must be from that vile I broke on accident."

Cherry dusted herself off, and put the sliver of glass on the counter.

"Konghou, I have a favor I need to ask of you."

Konghou listened intently to Cherry's firm orders. Of course it wouldn't be a favor. She'd have to do it anyway.

"Go back up into the contest area and grab a sample of the dark goo covering Banana Split. I'm not doing it for... obvious reasons."

She pulls off one of her gloves, and rolls up the coat sleeve. Nearly her whole arm was black, excluding healed scars that were slightly lighter.

"I- didn't want to talk about it to anybody, really. I don't know how long it'll be untill I have to amputate my arm, but it WON'T be fun. That's why I need that. To find a cure."

Cherry puts her hands on Konghou's shoulders (because they totally have shoulders), and firmly looks into her eyes. Konghou lightly pushes Cherry's hands off, and nods. Konghou whizzes off, exiting the underground lab.

Cherry sighs, and looks at her arm once more. It wasn't going to get better. She has no hope. But, Konghou does. She's relying on her to use her false hope to assist with the "cure".

Or... is she?