023

I sit up instantly and I hear a loud thud from the living room. I rub my eyes and look over at Killer who was passed out beside me.

I look to the side of him, seeing Zac sleeping peacefully.

I instantly pick up Tia who was sleeping on Killers chest.

He wakes up and sits up immediately.

"What's wrong?"he asks.

"I hear something."I say, making him instantly get out of bed.

"Get on the other side of the bed. Now."he demands before going to the dresser, picking up his gun and going towards the door.

I quickly run to the side of the bed with Tiana and pulling Zach along with me.

Killer walks towards the door and and softly begins to turn the knob.

He quickly pulls it open, aiming the gun straight.

At the door, we see a police officer.

"Fucking Christ Dad you could've called!"Killer yells angrily as he drops the gun.

The officer looks towards me and then goes back to Killer.

"Damien who are these people?"he asks as Killer turns on the lights .

"Don't worry about that. What are you doing here?"Killer asks, pushing his father out of the room and pulling the door closed.

......

"Damien you didn't tell me you roped other people into this."Officer Martinez says as Killer pushes him into the living room.

"Surprise. Now what are you doing here are you trying to lead the royals right to me?!"Killer asks angrily.

"I made sure I wasn't followed....what happened to your shoulder?"He asks, stepping closer with a concerned look.

Killer steps back and scoffs.

"What. Are you doing here."Killer asks angrily.

"...if you let me arrest you I can protect you better."His father says, stepping back.

"What do I look like going into jail willingly?"he asks.

"A man that values his life that's what."His father responds.

"Real nice pops but unlike you now I value the lives of others too."Killer says, crossing his arms.

Officer Martinez sighs.

"Who is that woman in there?"He asks.

Killer looks at him with a stone expression before swallowing the lump in his throat.

"..the love of my life."Killer says softly.

His father sighs, running his fingers through his hair.

"I ain't got room for her, Damien."he says.

"Well do you have room for her 6 year old and her newborn?"Killer asks, making his father instantly turn around.

"You brought kids into this mess?"he asks.

"The royals did! They know everything about them okay, if I don't keep them safe the royals will use them to get to me."Killer explains.

"Are they your kids Damien?"his father asks.

"What does it fucking matter?! They're kids!"Killer says.

"If they're not yours then they're not your problem. Let them stay here then."Officer Martinez says.

"Oh some fucking hero you are. You gonna abandon some kids with their mother again?"Killer says, taking a menacing step closer to his father.

"You remember what happened last time you did that, huh? I do. Because it was fucking me."

"..how was I supposed to know your mother was sick?"He says.

Killer slowly lowers himself to being eye level with his father.

"How about when she told you that if you left she would kill us all?"he whispers to his father.

"..... I'm the only one of your kids left alive..isn't that proof enough?"

His father instantly looks away in shame.

"Fine. Bring them then."he says, walking past him.

"Aren't you glad I didn't turn out like you?"Damien says as he walks towards the bedroom again.

"I'm trying, Damien."

Killer pauses as his father speaks.

"I can't undo what I did, Killer. I'm trying to make up for it, okay."

"...keep my family alive then. Maybe I'll consider letting you be a part of it."

Killer then walks off into the bedroom, closing the door behind.