- prologue -

Wealth.

It's like a birthright, a privilege that's always been there, making life effortlessly luxurious. I've never had to think twice about what I want—everything is just a swipe or a call away. Honestly, it's hard to imagine life without first-class everything, from my designer wardrobe to vacations on private islands. Money doesn't just buy things; it buys ease, status, and the freedom to live exactly as I please. Why would anyone settle for less?

Hello, I'm Isabella Rossi De Luca, but you can just call me Belle.
I come from a long line of Italian wandmakers, so you could say skill is in my DNA. My family's legacy is a blend of old-world charm and modern-day luxury, and I've been raised to appreciate the finest things in life. Whether it's a gala in Milan or a weekend in Monaco, I'm always where the world's most fabulous people gather. Life's too short to be ordinary, I like to stand out.

"Bella!" I turned my head to the noise. "Yes, mother?" I responded, walking down the grand staircase which was present in our home. My mother ordered our house-elf something in its ear before turning to look at me.

A dramatic gasp escaped her throat. "Are you still in your sleepwear?" She spoke, her arms folded. I took in her expensive attire. A long black dress, Saint Lauren heels, and a white fur coat. "It's a Sunday, Mother." I sighed. "Belle, my love, I think you are forgetting where we had to go today." I heard my father's stern voice. I paused for a moment, thinking of why today was so special.

Father had found out about the recent misery in Britain— he was going to take us to meet his close companion there. "Oh. Forgive me, father. I'll be ready in half an hour." I sighed. "Fifteen minutes, Isabella." He spoke again, walking towards the living room with his hand on my mother's back.

I roll my eyes, walking up to my room and closing the door. I looked in the mirror, taking a look at my appearance. I sighed at the sight of my messed up hair before turning to walk towards my walk-in closet.

"Can Dorothy help you, Ms. Rossi?" One of our elves asked. I shook my head. "Just a cup of coffee would be great." I said. She nodded. "Thank you, Dorothy." I said as she left my room. I examined my dresses before picking a long off-shoulder white dress.

I simply couldn't understand why we had to fly to Britain. And, I didn't even know who father's friends were. Dorothy knocked on my door as I took the coffee from her. "You can go now." I said, dismissing her as she nodded again, leaving the room. I took a sip of my perfectly done coffee before placing it on the side table.

I took off my satin nightwear, hanging it on the wall. One of the elves would come later on in the day and wash it for me. I pulled on the dress, standing in front of the mirror as I straightened it out. It fit me perfectly.

I grabbed a hair-curler, curling the ends of my hair before putting on a little bit of makeup. Once I was ready, I took one last sip of my coffee before making my way out.

"Let's go, come on." Father said as he saw me coming down. We walked towards the large chimney as Dorothy grabbed some floo-powder for us to transport.

"Malfoy Manor." My mother spoke, standing in the chimney before a large green flame erupted, taking her in. "Say it clearly, Belle." My father said, patting my shoulder. I nodded. He walked towards the chimney, doing the same as my mother. Lastly, I walked in, standing still before dropping the powder. "Malfoy Manor." I spoke.

Within seconds, we were all standing outside a large mansion. I looked around, the place was slowly healing with the use of magic.

We walked towards the front door, my mother knocking gently. The door opened after about one minute, revealing a tall woman. She had black and blonde hair, parted between her half-do. "Narcissa, how lovely to see you again." My mother spoke as a smile formed on the woman's mouth. "Always a pleasure, Camilla." She spoke. A man slowly walked behind her. He was much taller and had long blonde hair. "Lucius!" My father exclaimed happily as the two hugged. "Come in, come in." Lucius said as we walked into their castle.

A small elf took my mother's coat as we walked towards the dining table. "You must be Isabella!" Narcissa said. I smiled, nodding my head. "Please, call me Belle." I said as she nodded. Narcissa and Lucius sat in front of us, facing my parents as I sat beside my mother.

"Get the food." Lucius ordered to one of the elves. Quickly, the table was arranged with generous amounts of food. Narcissa and Lucius looked at my parents nervously before Narcissa cleared her throat. "He's not always this late, I'm sure something's keeping him busy." She spoke. I raised a brow. Did they have a son?

My father nodded. "No problem." He said.

After about another minute, I heard loud footsteps as I turned to look back. A boy came walking towards us. He was slim, tall, almost as pale as his mother and had his father's blonde hair. His clothes were messy, as though he'd just woken up. He cleared his throat, sitting facing me. "Took you long enough." Lucius grunted. The boy rolled his eyes slightly before smiling at us. "This is Draco. Our son." Narcissa said, holding his shoulder. Draco leaned in to shake my father's hand.

"Let's begin, then? Or do you have anymore children whose arrival we yet to wait on?" My father asked sarcastically. Narcissa slumped down slightly in embarrassment as Lucius laughed awkwardly.

We began eating. I didn't engage in the conversation much. Britain was much different than Italy. Right, I'm from Italy. Lovely place.

"Tragic, tragic thing that has happened, Lucius." My father spoke. I looked up. "Yes.." he said slowly. "I heard that your family was.. apart of— what's his name.. Voldemort's doing?" My mother spoke, pausing in between as she tried to remember the man's name. Lucius and Narcissa tensed up. "We were forced, really. Said he'd kill us if we failed to obey him." Lucius spoke. My parents nodded slowly. I heard a soft scoff as I looked at Draco.

"Let's get to the real talk, yes?" My father spoke, putting his utensils down. My mother leaned in towards me, grabbing my elbow. "Belle, whatever your father says now, you will not yell." She said. I frowned. "What's happening?" I asked her. She gave me a short glare as I looked away.

"Yes. Our families seem to blend well together. We are all pure-bloods. I think it's best to get our children married." Lucius said as I coughed, widening my eyes as I stared at my father. They gave me a small glance before talking again. "Yes. I think so too." My father said as I feel my heart drop to my stomach.

Marriage? I was 18 for crying out loud. "Father. I'm 18." I said, clenching my jaw. "18 is a perfect age to get married." My father said sternly. "You can't do this! I don't even know him, you can't get me married to someone I don't know!" I yell.
"Belle. Basta così. Non rispondere a tuo padre, signorina. (Belle. That's enough. Do not speak back to me, young lady." My father says slowly. I bite my tongue, folding my arms and leaning back on the chair.

I look up at Draco who was already looking at me. He didn't say anything. Fucking coward, I can't get married to him.