- chapter 03 -

I woke up to sharp yells that morning, immediately rushing out to find Draco gripping his hand in pain. I furrow my brows, walking closer to find blood all over his hand. "What the hell happened to you!?" I shouted, grabbing his attention as he turned around quickly. "Uhm.." he stammered. I rolled my eyes. "Dorothy, get me the medkit!" I yelled at the elf before pulling Draco by his arm to the couch.

"How did this even happen!?" I sighed, looking at the deep wound. Dorothy quickly handed me the medkit as I grabbed alcohol spray and cotton. "I was trying to cook." He muttered. I paused looking at him. "Why in the world were you cooking?" I scoffed. He rolled his eyes, looking away. "I wanted to apologise." He said.

I looked up at him before turning my gaze back to his hand. "This is going to hurt a bit." I muttered, spraying the alcohol as he winced. I quickly patted his hand with the cotton, removing blood clots. "Sorry." I sigh. He shakes his head, still looking away. "It's okay." I speak after a short silence, pulling the cotton away and grabbing the alcohol again. He sighed slightly in relief. "Although, you have to admit, you were flirting." He says, teasingly.

I smile at him, spraying the alcohol again and digging the cotton harder. He winces sharply again, trying to pull his hand away. "Fucking Christ, Isabella." He groans slightly. I laugh lightly, shaking my head. He lets out a soft snicker, surprising me but I don't question it.

I've never heard him laugh genuinely.

I bandaged his hand up, tracing my fingers through the rough material. "Okay, you're all done, Draco." I said, standing up. "Thanks, Isabella." I paused, looking back at him. "Belle." I said. He looks up at me, an eyebrow raised. "Getting used to me, are you?" He says, a smirk forming on his mouth. I roll my eyes. "You wish, Malfoy." I sigh, walking towards the kitchen. "Again, that is our name, love." He says, standing up.

"What were you trying to cook anyway?" I sigh, pretending like I didn't hear what he called me. "A salad." He said. I raised my eyebrows. "How'd you know I loved salads?" I asked, a smile on my face. "I might've sent a letter to your mother yesterday." He says slowly. I scoff out a laugh. "Don't think this means anything. I still hate you, Belle." He says, emphasising on my name. I smile, shaking my head. "Of course." I say.

"Didn't you say you knew how to cook?" I ask again. "Salads aren't my best quality." He said. I rolled my eyes, another small laugh escaping my mouth.

After a moment of silence, he cleared his throat. "Alright, I'm going to leave for work now." He said. I nodded.

It was still surprising how Draco was offer such a good position at the ministry, regardless of being apart of Voldemort's army.