- chapter 02 -

I sat on the desk in Draco's office room, drafting Elizabeth a later as to why I couldn't come. I apologised over and over again in the letter before sighing. I was about to call Dorothy in so she could give this to our owl, but she walked in herself.

"Here's your coffee, Ms. Malfoy!" She squeaked I tried not to cringe at the name. No matter how you said it, it would always sound strange. "Thank you, Dorothy." I said taking a sip. I pulled away at the taste. "Did you make this?" I asked her. ".. no, Ms. Malfoy. Master Malfoy made it himself!" She said. I cocked an eyebrow up, looking back at it. I hummed in response, placing the coffee down. "Would you like Dorothy to make another cup for you?" She asked. I shook my head. "It's good. But, please send this letter to my friend Elizabeth." I said, handing her the letter.

She nodded, walking out. "Hello, Master Malfoy! Can Dorothy do anything for you?" I hear her distant voice as my head shot up. "No, nothing." He replied.

I cleared my throat as I saw him walking in the office, his hands in the pockets of his trousers. "What do you want?" I spoke, my eyes on the desk as I put everything away. He cleared his throat. "To apologise." He said quietly. I hummed, looking up. "Apologise, then." I said, leaning back on the chair. He rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said quickly. "For what?" I asked, teasing him a little more. "Seriously, Isabella?" He scoffed. "Well, I don't know what you're apologising for. Is it for calling my friend a 'mudblood', is it for not letting me meet her.. or is it for being a total dickhead?" I asked, folding my arms. "Watch it, Isabella." He said sternly. I bit my tongue, remaining silent. "Don't make me say it again. I apologise for it all." He said.

"I don't forgive you." I responded. "That doesn't bother me." He said. After a long pause, he spoke again. "There's a party this evening. At my friend's house. You're coming." He stated. I scoffed. "Not like I have a choice, I can't go to meet Elizabeth." I said. Draco shook his head in annoyance.

"And wear something nice." He said. "Whatever, Malfoy." I sighed. "That's your name too now, my love." He said, an eyebrow raised an a small smirk on his face. I pursed my lips glaring at him.

I quickly stood up, walking out of the room. "I'll be ready by 7." I mutter. "Six-thirty." He said. I rolled my eyes before mimicking his words and running up to my room.

Dickhead.

💋

I read the letter I got back from Elizabeth. More than half of it was a lecture on how we hadn't met in 2 years and I was leaving her. I sighed, putting the letter behind before looking at the clock.

It was 6pm. I should get ready now. I sighed, walking towards my bathroom as I did some skincare.

I looked behind at my closet, browsing through the hundreds of dresses. I may have a billion problems, but looking amazing is none of them.

I grabbed a short red dress. It was flared at the bottom and tight on the top with long, laced sleeves. It showed a little bit of cleavage which was perfect. I put it in, straightening it out in the mirror as I put on some makeup.

A little bit of concealer, red lipstick to match the dress and eyeliner. Nothing too much.

I heard a loud knock on my door, as I turned to my side. Draco slowly walked in. He had a suit on, fitting him perfectly. I tore my gaze away, trying not to stare.