Chapter 15

Aakriti's POV

I woke up due to some mild sound. I forced my eyes to open wide. I saw Dhruv's assistant standing at the door and looking at us with his mouth and eyes open wide. Ok, He looks like a clown at this moment.

He was about to speak, but I asked him to remain quiet by showing a gesture. I am in no mood to hear anyone talking right now. I gestured for him to come near.

"Prepare a glass of lemon water." I said in a gentle tone. He looked at me but didn't move, so I glared at him. He looked stunned and left after nodding his head.

I looked at the clock, and it was six in the morning. I slept for so long. I normally don't sleep for so long. Dhruv was sleeping like a baby on my lap. How should I get this big baby to wake up?

"Dhruv, get up." I said, patting his shoulder. He woke up and gave me a dazed expression. He was blinking his eyes rapidly. I have always seen him either with a stern face or with a smirk on his face. His clueless expression made him look adorable. 

"Mr. Rathore, if you are done staring at my lovely face, I would feel delighted if you could get up because my legs are numb now." 

He got up abruptly and looked at me strangely. I am not able to feel my leg at this moment. I sat for a few minutes and then got up and stretched my body, which was aching from top to bottom. Dhruv was looking at me, probably trying to figure out my presence here. He sat on the couch and started massaging his forehead.

"Ouch! my head." He winced with a frown.

There was a knock on the door. I asked his assistant to come in, and he handed me the glass and stood there. I stared at him, and he left swiftly.

"Drink it. You will feel better." I said that and handed him the glass.

I looked in the first aid box to find medicine for his headache and luckily got one. I handed it to him and looked for water, but to no avail. This idiot has smashed everything present in this room. He just took the pill, gulped it, and looked at me.

"Why did you drink so much? Don't you know how harmful alcohol consumption is?" I asked.

"Sometimes it's just too much to take with your conscious mind." He said that and sighed.

"If it is too much to take, you can share your burden with someone else. You are not a donkey who has to carry all the load on his back. But a human who not only helps others but can also ask for help when needed." He looked at me with a small smile and this time I was taken aback. He looked in pain but at the same time, he looked calm.

"I will take care of myself, and if it's too much, I will come to seek your help." He said it with a bright smile and tried to change the topic. Let's not touch that topic and scratch his wounds. Smile like this; always smile like this. Even if I know it is fake, it is still better than the lifeless look that I saw yesterday. I never wish to see you in a depressed state again. Your anger scares me. Your emotions affect me, so stay calm and happy. His smile vanished and he frowned at me.

"Did I do anything wrong while I was drunk? Did I hurt you? I don't remember anything." He said softly and held my shoulder. He started searching for any wounds on my body. Why does he remind me of a puppy right now? Aaku, Are you freaking nuts? What nonsense are you thinking?

"Look." I said pointing towards my lips. He looked at me in shock. He was shocked touched his lower lip and winced in pain.

"Ouch"

"Did you bite me?" He asked and stared at me naively. Oh look at his face somebody might misunderstand him as an innocent soul.

"If I hadn't bitten you, my dead body would have been lying here. I was out of breath, and you were not ready to get up." He stared at me, shocked. He grasped my hand and gave me an apologetic look.