Meeting

Neinna kicked open the doors to the large meeting room. Why did Fe always have to wait to the last minute to get to the point?

"Here you are Neinna," murmered her father, Oropher, "come, sit down."

Neinna slid back the chair with her foot and sat. Her father shook his head and muttered something she couldn't hear.

"I'll get right to the point. I called you all here today because Waarloft is back," Oropher looked around the room expectantly.

"uh... who's back?" asked Fe.

Neinna stared at him, did he really not know who Waarloft is?

"He is a dark elf and leader of the tribe Ciryatan. Before you and Neinna were born he attempted to destroy the steps to heaven in order to revive the devil. Obviously he didn't succeed-"

"So now he's back to complete what he had started, " Neinna finished calmly.

Fe nodded

"That's why I need volunteers to go under-cover and put an end to him before he sends us all down to hell," Oropher explained.

"I'll go," Neinna stood up immediately.

"You were going to go anyway. I feel that since I stopped him the first time he wanted to destroy the steps you should too! It could be like a family tradition," her father finished with a chuckle.

Fe pushed back his chair, "then I'll go too!" He glared at the tribe leader, "some family tradition."

"Good Feanaro, " nodded Oropher

In the next few minutes, 4 other elves had volunteered; Angrod, Finrod, Gwindor, and Tathar. 

"When should we leave father?" Neinna stood facing Oropher

"I'll give you tomorrow to pack a small pouch and you'll leave the next morning."

Neinna nodded and followed Fe out the door.