Chapter 6

Reader POV

I got home and was tackled immediately after setting my desserts on the kitchen island.

"Where have you been? Are you okay? I've been blowing your phone up! I'm so sorry, he will never hurt you again!!" Lacey cried.

"What's going on? What do you mean?" She said he will never hurt me again. Do she mean her dad?

"The security system was hacked.... I- I was unaware he had you all night, you were unconscious. It was saw live by thousands of people. And posted. I tried calling you. Where were you?" She struggled to talk, still holding on tight.

"I was at a cafe, the one I heard bout last friday. But you said he had me? And seen my thousands. He had me alone while I was unconscious.." I trailed off.

"Focus, it's all over the internet. See." She let me go and showed my clips.

That was me, that was Hardy touching me. Did he drug me yesterday? It was all planned? He used my vulnerability as a gateway, that bastard.

"You... You said he won't hurt me anymore? He was put away?" I looked up at her.

"Yes, the police got him at work. He's also the main suspect for (M/n) murder. Probable cause being he wanted you to himself." She explained.

This was all too much to handle. The maniac probably killed my mom? This is insane.

I walked away.

"Where are you going? Are you alright, I know it's a lot to take in." Lacey followed me, grabbing my hand.

"We only got each other. Please don't leave me alone." Lacey pleaded, gently squeezing my hand.

I turned towards her and she smiled softly.

"I'm sorry, I just need some time to process. I want to be alone." Lacey's smile faded immediately as I snatched my hand from her own.

"(Y/n) Please." Her pleads fell on deaf ears, I walked away.

When I closed my door, I cried in bed for a bit before carrying the sad girl show to the shower. I felt so dirty. He took advantage of me in my sleep. And just my luck, we get hacked. At least he's gone forever.

After hours of crying, I decided to go back out to the cafe. Those cats are emotional comfort and up for adoption.

I dressed casual and went back to the little slice of heaven. My phone had been on do not disturb all day, thank goodness because Lacey would not stop texting me.

It was bad enough, checking my phone to see over 100 messages from her when I was in that God forsaken house. She's been texting non stop since I exited the house.

She would've probably followed me out if she saw me. Good thing I waited for her to go in her room. Even if she heard me leave out, she wouldn't have been able to catch up to me at that point.

She called like three, nope make that four times now. I hung up every time.

I just want to be with the cats.

The cafe bell chimed, and Luna greeted me first, followed by Sage and that cute calico from earlier.

"What a lovely surprise. You're back so soon." Josh greeted me with a smile.

I could only sigh and give a smile smile back. "Yea, I just don't want to be... Home right now." I hesitated to use that word. More like a prison.

"Ohh sorry to hear, but have no fear. Cats are great for comfort and so is my mom's baked goods." Josh smiled, leading me to a private booth.