Chapter 8 - Two

[TR's POV]

Two days had passed since the meeting and chat with Light had occurred. And now, Happy with brushing my hair that was a total wreck. And just so you know, the whole idea was very agisnt my will.

Happy also finally convinced me to change out of my dirty clothes and into a pair of his. Somehow, we were the same size.

Even though I was against the whole idea of my hair being messed with, I do have to say it felt nice. It was soothing. He was as gentle as he could be about it and the sound of the brush running through my hair sounded nice. Maybe Happy can be an except to my rule of no physical touch.

"Are you sure that I'm not hurting you..?" Happy asked, continuing to pull the knots out with the brush.

"Yes." I laughed a bit. "I promise. And that's like the fifth time you've asked that." 

"I know.. Your hair is just really bad, and I don't want to be hurting you.."

"Do you want me to stop allowing you to brush my hair?" I said with sass.

"Okaaaaaay... I'll stop.."

After some silence, I began speaking. "Question, you are coming to the lab today, right? The one Professor Red runs?" I was pretty sure he was coming, I was just making sure. Happy being there was the only reason I accepted anyways.

Happy sucked his teeth. "Yeeaaahh.. About that... Today is kinda one of my patrol days since I'm like, in the colorless guard and stuff." He said gingerly.

"What. But- I need you there to make sure I don't die or something!!" I yelled.

"You'll have Sabre and M watching over the whole thing, they know how to keep Professor Red in check." Happy said in an attempt to cheer me up.

"They don't like me." I said stubbornly, crossing my arms. It was matter of fact at this point from what I'd seen.

Happy set the brush down, having finished my hair. "They like you plenty!! Well- I don't think you've really met M officially.. But you're very good with people. You won Light over easily; how much different can making friends with a red steve be?"

As you can see, Happy is a little.. Ignorant? He doesn't really get why I do the things I do, so I come off as an actually decent person to him. Plus, he doesn't even know what I did, he thinks I'm the victim.

"Guess we should get going then." Happy hopped off the couch and extended a hand to me- Though it was more like a paw.. Though he still had fingers.. I wanna push the pads on his hands..

I was about to throw a little tantrum on the couch, but I wanted to feel the paw pads. So I ended up taking his hand-paw thing and then stood. The pads were soft, I liked them..

I still decided to put up a little fight to be irritating. "I don't wanna go now though..." I whined, recrossing my arms.

"You already planned it, don't go back on your word." Happy said sternly, walking up closer to me. He was.. Very close.. Why did he feel the need to be so close?? Eh, I don't really care.

I turned away from him. "You're mean."

"Then I suppose it's mean to even allow you to stay in my house in the first place." Happy said through a smirk.

"Nah, it's my house now."

"Well, you're not entirely wrong."

That got me to finally turn back around. "What?"

"Yep, remember back the day you arrived? I told you that this was your home as well as mine." Happy said those words like they meant nothing, but they meant everything.