Chapter 10: Talk

"Mom! Please! I'm sorry!"
"You'll learn to not disobey me!" *slap*
"Mom!" I tear up, "Please!"
"Shut up you little piece of shit! You were a mistake! I wish you were never born!" *punch* *kick* *slap*
"Mom! I didn't even do anything!"
"You were born! That's bad enough for me!" *blacks out*

I wake up screaming, drenched in sweat. Tears, dripping down my face.
"Kaytlynn! You okay?!?" Elena says putting an arm around me.
"Yeah...uh...I'm...fine..." I say as a tear streams down my face.
"Hey Kaytlynn? Wanna hug?" Kian asks from across the room.
"No. I want my dad..." I say as three nurses rush in.
"You okay?!?"
"What happened?!?"
"Do you need CPR?!?"
"No...I'm fine. Nightmare. That's all." I respond. They all leave.

"C'mon. I'll take you to Connor." Elena suggests.
"No. I mean my real dad."
"You're dad's gone. I'm sorry. Connor's the closest thing you can get. He may not be your typical father, but he's still your 'father'.He can help you. He adopted you for a reason" Elena says, staring into my eyes. I smile.
"Thanks Elena. I think I'll go over to him. Thanks." I say and give her a huge hug. I get up to leave and go to Connor. As I leave, I hear Kian say,
"You would be a good mom." and Elena laugh a little. I shipped them so hard.

I walk into Room 217 and go over to Connor.
"Connor." I whisper and shake him. "Connor." I then remembered he was in the hospital, and not doing so well. So I just got in the bed with him and curled up really close to him. I felt safe.

****************************************

I wake up to a surprised scream from Connor.
"Jesus Kaytlynn! You scared the living shit out of me!"
"Language Con-- I mean...Dad." I say. Connor smiles. Suddenly, Nurse Quinta walks in.
"Breakfast!" she exclaims bringing in three plates of: toast, eggs, and bacon. "Visitors may eat downstairs." she says pointing out the door. I walk out and into room 218.

I get in and ask Kian, who is awake eating his breakfast, where Elena is. He points to her bed and I walk over. I pick up a note that reads:

Hey Kaytlynn! How is you? Anyway, I am gone. I left you. Our friendship is over! Haha jk! Fooled you! I thought you needed a laugh while your family is at the hospital. Okay, anyway, so, I went to school. I figured that I wouldn't wake you and tell the principal you can't come in this state. I did you a favour there..you're welcome. Okay sooo I gotta go but I'll see you after school. I'll come visit around 5ish because Aqua is coming after school. Okay bye!
Lots of HATE haha jk lerrr you,
Elena

I laughed a little and put the note down. As soon as I did, Kian said,
"Is she single?" and I said,
"Whyyyy?" extending the "y", "You like herrr?"
"Maybe..." he said with a smirk.
"SHIP! THE SHIP HAS SAILED!" I yelled and skipped out of the room. #Eian was defiantly my OTP.

****************************************

When I was done eating breakfast, I went back up to Room 217. Everyone in there was asleep, except for Sam.
"Hey Kay? Can you come here? I wanna talk to you." he says. I walk over to him.
"Don't call me Kay."
"Why?"
"Carter (her twin that died) called me that. I miss him so much..." I say, trying not to cry.
"Hey, hey. It's okay. Pull over a chair. I wanna talk to you." I do as he says (that sounds like BDSM........okay moving on).
"What's up?" I ask. He looks nervous.
"Um...you know that day we were in the pool, the first day you were here with us?"
"Yeah..." I said. Crap. I knew where this was going.
"Well...I saw...scars on your wrists. If you don't wanna talk about it, that's fine. I just wanna ask if you're okay."
"You saw...?"
"Yeah...I'm sorry."
"Please, don't tell anyone."
"Well...I called a therapist for you."
"WHAT?!?!?" I yell at him.
"I'm worried about you. It's just for a month staring tomorrow. I don't want you to continue. I also told Connor. He agrees with me." he says. I start to cry. I've been to therapy before. It's awful. Besides, I was over 4 months clean. I wasn't planning on continuing anyway. I even threw away my blades.
"I'm 4 months clean! I'm fine!"
"I just wanted to make sure."
"Well stop, okay? You're not my dad!" (Don't say it) I yell furiously at him and leave. I sit on the floor and cry.

As I'm just sitting there in a corner, doctors come in and out of Room 217, looking really worried. Suddenly, I hear,
"FLAT LINE! JC'S GOT A FLAT LINE HERE! HELP US!"

----------------------------------------------

A/N Oooooo another cliffhanger! I'm sorry for doing these! I have to! I'm also sorry this chapter is short as well. Okay, I'm no gonna say anything else, I don't wanna spoil anything. Okay, I will say one thing: I SHIP #EIAN SOOO HARD! Okay, bye!