In the morning

(Beverly💕)

(Beverly💕)

I wasn't going to ruin my son's weekend by sulking around. It's a skill being able to smile through a broken heart. Giving birth to Cario was less painful. No matter how much I tried, my eyes fell on my husband. He's the most handsome man I know. He's all I know. He wasn't the person who broke my hymen but he was the person who gave me mind blowing sexual experience. Before him I thought sex was only for men enjoyment. Then learning 75% of women for orgasm from sex and 15% percent fake it. I was amongst that survey. Until I met Roland.

Guess you could say he had me with his physical appearance and the fact that he was a provider. I really fell face first into love when this man fucked me so much one night I changed the sheets at least three times. I was also a bit afraid of him and went into hiding for about two weeks after that.

It may seem funny but I was a hermit crab. Quiet, in the choir at church, and a pre-k teacher. I lived conservatively. Roland was a weed smoking, cocaine selling, star track and field, local celebrity.

Our families were both heavily involved in the church. So naturally we were in each other's space. He would speak to me and even make me laugh, when we had to volunteer together.

Flashback

Beverly

"I can finish up here. I heard you talking to my brother about some party tonight." I gather trash.

"You would do that fah me?" He smiles, standing on the opposite side of the table.

I would go to ends of earth for you, but that's not what he asked.

"It's okay. Go have fun." I roll the trash can up to the table.

He pulls out his phone and to text someone. "You should come."

I almost panic just from the thought of being at a party. "No, I'm okay."

"Come, go with me." He helps throw away trash.

"I wouldn't know what to wear."

"What you got on. It's just a kickback." He reads a text and smiles. I could watch him do that all day.

"These clothes? I'm already laughed at in school. I don't need to deal with it outside of school too."

"I know Netta got something in her closet for you."

"Netta would never loan me anything from her closet. She'd probably kill me for even asking." I start spraying the tables and begin wiping them.

He begins sweeping the floor. "Let's go shopping real quick." He checks his phone. "We got time."

"Shopping? What, now?" I feel the anxiety of not even knowing where to begin. What would pick to wear? How stupid I must look like at my age being clues on how to style myself.