023. physical therapy

----

----

aubrey griffin October 15, 2024

023. physical therapy
(real life)

My girl is finally acting like herself now.

She's been laughing, smiling, and crutching around with her crutches and her big ass knee brace looking as happy as ever. i've never seen anyone with an acl injury smile as much as her right now.

Me and the team plus Nolan and Nella have been keeping her company and she loves it. she keeps using us as slaves to do everything for her.

She starts physical therapy today and she's excited to go. because in her words it means she's getting closer and closer to getting back on the court. She's being very optimistic about all of this.

"First day of PT...Do you want me to make fix you a lunch bag, my baby?" I kidded, Kailyn was taking her to PT and i was watching them leave like they were getting ready to go to their first day of school.

Nevaeh smacked her lips and playfully rolled her eyes, she was still walking with her crutches. I took the time to admire her greased up face, she had no make up on. and her hair was finally down in her natural curls; which is rare cause she always straightens it.

She looks beautiful either way.

"Look at youuuu," I dragged, kissing the top of her head. I instinctively ran my fingers through her detangled curls, like she would always try to do to me. "Have fun suffering in PT. Call me if you need anything"

"Girl, im going to physical therapy not my first day of school."

I shrugged and patted her head.

"Alright, let's go. we'll be back around 3 probably." Kailyn walked past us and grabbed Vee's stuff, veering followed behind her, the crutches clacking against the floor.

"I love you," Nevaeh said, blowing a kiss to me. i laughed and said it back.

"I love you too."

------

Vee hated Physical Therapy.

She came home and immediately started complaining about all the stuff she had to do. how much it hurt, how long it took. she rated it a 0/10, saying she's never going back. even though she has to.

"My legs literally hurt, they got me walking like shamar. my knees burn. I can't do this."

I had to laugh into my shirt so she wouldn't get pissed at me. The shamar part was diabolical. "Well baby if you want to play volleyball again, you have to go back."

Nevaeh waved me off, "Go do your little tiktok dances and be quiet."

I scoffed out a laugh from shock, "Nuh-uh, lose the attitude, ms girl." i said, waving my finger in her face. she laughed and slapped my finger away.

"Baby can you help me?" Vee sang in my face, grabbing my cheeks, "Seriously, can you? i need to use the bathroom." she motioned to he crutches.

She's something else.

-----

She had to go back to physical therapy the next day. and i'm bored. i went back to the team's apartment since i haven't been here all week. and of course i walked into chaos.

kk was on live, being a menace as usual. and Paige was next to her looking like someones uncle with her glasses and beanie on.

"Oh look who it is! Aubs finally remembered she has a family here too." Kk exaggerated

I got in the camera and waved, "Hi guys!" kk slapped my hand down and pushed me away.

"No, you don't get to say hey. since you abandoned us." kk said. Paige laughed at her, not taking her eyes off of the comments.

"They're asking how Vee's doing." paige mumbled, her arms her chin. she glanced at me and made room for me to sit beside her.

"Vee's fine. doing PT now, and she hates it." I said, smiling in the camera. i put my hand in my curly fro and scratched my scalp. it feels good. "She said she walks like shamar now."

Paige and kk burst out laughing.

"Bro what?" Paige laughed

"Vee be saying the craziest things bruh." kk said

a join request popped up on kk's phone and it showed Vee's account, "Uh Oh, speak on em and they shall appear." paige said, pressing the accept button.

"Oh my gosh, my number one fans! how y'all doing?" Nevaeh asked, she was in Kailyn's G-Wagon and Nolan was in the back throwing up gang signs. Nevaeh saw it and reached back to slap his hands, "Don't do that. before somebody find you!"

"Nolan ain't about it for real." kk said. Nolan leaned up over the seat.

"Kk, you ain't either, shorty."

kk smacked her lips, "dude hit 6'1 and don't know how to act." she muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Show my girl right quick!" Paige exclaimed, holding her face with her hands. Nevaeh rolled her eyes and turned the camera toward Kai who was driving with a pair of sunglasses on. "Aye, come home. the kids miss you!" paige said

Kailyn glanced at the camera and laughed, "fuck them kids and fuck you too."

Our jaws dropped, including Vee and Nolan's. "Ouua!" Nevaeh said, putting her hand over her mouth.

"Divorce babes divorce." kk said, patting paige's shoulder, "get one."

"That was mean." Paige said, her mouth still open a little, "you're still mad that i didn't wanna play roblox with you last night?" she asked kai.

"Um yes! duh. i don't ever hesitate to play Fortnite with you. you bum." Kailyn responded, glancing from the road to the phone every 5 seconds.

"Aye now, we're on the way. don't want her crashing the vehicle while im in it." Vee said, now in the camera.

"Alright Shamar." Kk said and she kicked ver off before nevaeh could say anything.

Nevaeh's gonna whoop our asses.

zooks thoughts.
3 more chapters. sorry for this being so short.
my brain stopped working.