𝟷𝟺 - 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"No, no, no!"

My heart raced as I sprinted down the corridor. The clanking of its heavy, metallic legs echoed behind me, fueling my fear. I gasped for breath, my legs burning as I pushed myself to the limit.

I couldn't stop. Not now. Not ever. Fear and adrenaline pushed me forward, each step was a desperate attempt to escape.

I frantically scanned the walls, searching for any sign of an escape—a crack, a door, anything. But the walls were solid, and the vines didn't reach the top of the walls either, making it impossible to climb all the way to the top.

Even if I tried to climb it, the Griever could still catch up to me in no time. It's literally like a spider-scorpion hybrid, but bigger and stronger, made out of steel.

I was nearing the end of the corridor, more scared than ever when the fact that there was nowhere else to go anymore sank in.

Panic took over as my foot got caught in a long vine, making me trip and slam onto my stomach. My forehead hit a rock from the speed I was running. Pain shot through me, but I bit back a scream, forcing myself up despite the blood trickling down my face and the scrapes on my hands from when I tried to break my fall.

I glanced back, heart pounding, but the Griever was gone. Silence.

Nothing was chasing me.

Shit, where did it go?

I was catching my breath but still continued to walk hurriedly to the end of this corridor, looking in every direction where the Griever might be.

It was nowhere to be found.

I took the knife out of my knapsack, still aware of my surroundings, my senses remained heightened as I watched out for any signs of where the Griever could be right now. And I know a knife won't do shit, but at least I have something.

As I kept on inching toward the end of the corridor, I felt shivers down my spine when I heard a chilling growl behind me.

I looked back, and there it was—its legs sprawled across the corridor, its monstrous tail poised in the middle, eyes fixed menacingly down on me.

Without a second thought, I bolted forward, my heart hammering as I accepted my fate at the end of this corridor.

I couldn't even say goodbye to the ones I love.

≪ °𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚑𝚘° ≫

"I should've known that shuck-face had a death wish," I muttered, the bitterness in my voice barely masking the fear underneath.

Thomas, Newt, Frypan, and the others were finally gathered around the table in the Map Room with me. We'd spent too long convincing Gally that Wren was just having one hell of a day, as per usual, and locked herself in the Med-hut.

But she's gone, into the maze, since who knows when and for how long.

That girl is so damn stubborn.

She'll totally be the death of me.

We've been here for hours since 10 am, planning– well me and Newt were planning. It was evident that Newt was trying his best to stay strong, but still, tears escaped his eyes every now and then, his voice wavering as he talked.

While Thomas was also helpful, it doesn't change the fact that he, along with Mav, Clint, and Frypan were panicking around.

Teresa, Winston, Jeff, and Zart on the other hand, were quiet, but anxiety was still visible on their faces. At least they're being more helpful than those who were panicking.