Chapter 2

Anthony's POV
"Okay! -Our front door is gone, we have like 9 zombie corpses in our hallway that stinks and we have no weapons whatsoever except for a prop gun!"
I summarise, staring straight into Ian's quartsy blue eyes.
"Mhm." Ian says, keeping his eye vision straight at me.

Was that it?! Mhm? Mhm! Mhm.
"We need a solution." I prompt him,
"Well, there is one thing we could do. But it's super dangerous and we don't have any defence." He says.
This gets me curious and I can feel my muscles tense as I wait for the rest of his idea.

"We could go to the city, they have all the supplies we would need, including guns and weaponry from that shop down town. But think how far we have to walk or run without getting killed."
This is a good idea.
"Hmm, ok. Wait, why don't we just drive?"

"Oh yeah..." His face looks so .... Um funny (?) when he gets proven wrong!
"We should pack our backpacks invade we don't find anything there and can't come back."

"Good idea." Ian stands up swiftly but then sits back down,
"What if they're still alive?" Ian looked terrified but I can see he is trying to hide it.
"You mean dead." I chuckle and walk over to them.

"To get rid of a zombie you go for the head can you see a single zombie here that hasn't got a head wound? I don't think so," I jump over them to get to our bedrooms "here." I hold out my hands and Ian grabs them,
"Umm." He seems embarrassed at the fact we are holding hands but I try to be the bigger person and look untouched.

I pull him across the river of bodies and he lets out a fast and brief breath that notifies me his heart is beating faster.

We sprint to our rooms and ignore what just happened. I grab my back pack and stuff it with clothes, water, food, knives and my phone, wallet and keys even though I probably won't need them, it brings my back to reality to think I have valuables in my bag.

I call for Ian and we drive as fast as possible, ignoring all road laws. I notice how deserted the town looks and keep my eyes open for any threats.

Due to the breakable speak limit, we made it 10 minutes faster than we normally would have. Still no one roams the streets. It's creepy watching the sleeping city without a peep of humanity.
"Where should we camp?"
"How about Target, they have almost everything in their so we wouldn't have to leave that often."
"Okie." I park in the closest spot to the entrance and we grab our bags and open the doors wide. We close and lock them behind us.

"HEY!" We spin around, "YOU!! This is our spot!" Someone whispers in the farthest aisle from us. After a few seconds a woman appears, she looks sweet and friendly.

"Hello, I apologise for Robby, he is protective of our home and family. I'm Joe!" I take a step closer and begin to introduce ourselves,
"I-"
"Wait! Have you been bitten, or infected?! Don't come any closer, wait their know second." She runs off before I can explain we haven't been cursed with a fate of immortality as a brainless monster.

When she comes back, I feel a little fearful and protective of Ian that she holds a knife and approaches. I back away, "We haven't I countered a biting or infection!"

"Let me just check!" She comes closer and starts to raise her arms, her jaw opens and splits her skin through her cheeks, "I need to examine your fles-AAAAHHHHHGGGHHHAAA!!!!" She gurgles and her skin turns a mucusy green with red outlining areas of her bone that erupts gruesomely from her skin, threatening to burst her skin.

I grab Ian who is frozen in sight and drag him to the car which I immediately reverse into a pole in shock.
"SHIT!" I scramble outside and sprint to the building across the street.
I open the handle to the supermarket and lean my back against the closed doors. Oops, I whip around and run back outside, "IAAANN!!" He is rolling out of the car with Zombie Joe closing in on him.

No way is anyone getting their hands on MY IAN! I grab the long stick that way dangling from a blocked gutter and jab it down Joe's open mouth scraping at her skin that has weakened. I shudder at the sight of it and close my eyes tight,
"Go!" I shout but Ian is already grabbing Joe's knife from her and reverse stabbing her. It stuns her and gives us a chance to get away.

Jezzus!