Chapter 7

Anthony's POV
"Look! There it is!" I point at distant lights in the background. The sky is dark and the branches creep over me like scavenging arms. The luminous city lights paint a warm golden glow into the black velvet sky.

"It's a beautiful night..." Ian's voice cuts through my thoughts like scissors through paper. It startled me and I almost drop him from out of my grasp.
"Yeah.." I say in a low voice.

Only then did I start to feel awkward about him sitting loosely on my back, I'm feeling.... Parts of him..... Against my lower back.

I shudder a little, Anthony! What are you thinking?! This is your best friend you are having 'feelings' for!

I don't know where my mind was wondering but I'm starting to feel aroused...

I walk a little more consciously of how I sway my hips and try to keep my head up against his tugging arms.

Within the next awkward 5 minutes, we reach the centre of the sparkling town. I readjust Ian on my back and continue towards the hotel looking place.

Surprisingly, this place seems strangely populated, it must have some protection fences or some guards or something!

People are standing behind the front desk as receptionists. They smile at us and offer to help Ian. I pull back a little but Ian drops off of my back and limps over to a chair.

"Ur, is there accommodation available for one night?"I direct at a uniformed lady with a tight bun, her name tag says 'Jen'.

"Sure! How many rooms between all of you?" Jen says invitingly.

"Um, how much is one room?" I ask, pulling out my wallet.

"$49.95" she smiles, then adds, "the prices have dropped since there are no longer any other towns to distribute to because of all the zombie stuff going on."

"Woah! We'll take two rooms then! Might I ask, how to you keep the 'walkers' out?" I say more confidently than I felt.

"We have an electric fence, and security guards on duty 24/7. Our mayor we thought was Loolaa when he set this all up but the town is so grateful for what we saw as looniness!"

"Ohh! Thanks," I take the two keys out of her hands are hand one to Angelina's family and one gets shoved into my deep pocket. I swipe my card, unbelievably glad that I brought it.

I help Ian into the lift and wave to the family, "Well, I'll see you in the morning I suppose!"

A/N
Ok first of all, I apologise for the half sized chapter, I was struggling with what to write...
Second, sorry for not updating on time...
Third: don't forget how utterly amazing you are and don't let anyone get you down! If you have body image problems, remember that what society sees as beautiful is only beautiful to few people, what is beautiful is confidence! And for strugglers all around, remember that someone will always love you! Whether it's your cat your dad your mum your friends or even your fave book author! I love you my cucumbers!