Chapter 6

We run and run as fast as we can down the road but the arrows are following us.

I sprint beside Ian who is panting roughly,
"AAATRTGHHHHH!!!" Ian crumbles to the floor. Holy-!

"Ian!" I pull the brakes on my running and reverse to help him. He stumbles and tried to stand but falls, "No!"

I grab his soft but sweaty hand and pull him up. He leans on me and I pick him up like a princess from a fairytale. I gallop into the left of the wood for protection.

"Are you ok?" I say alarmed. I scan his wound on his blessing leg. A sharp hook is caught in his skin wear it tears a vein.

He is losing blood rapidly and I would make an attempt to call for Will who is studying to be a doctor but it would draw too much attention to us and the hunters would make Ian's fate mine.

Swinging my backpack off I search it in dire emergency for a medical kit. No no no no no nonononono. NO! I can't have left it in the store! Mother fluffer!! Without that kit Ian is screwed!

"Ian. You're gunna be ok! I-I.... I need to know that I... I lov-"
"Anthony, my leg!" He yells cutting me off. I swing my neck around to look at his wound so hard it makes a loud crack. I ignore the pain the follows the sound.

Ian's leg is turning a dark shade of purple and looks as if it'll fall off! We have to do something! Wait, what about Ian's bag!!!!

I look around in search for his backpack but it's no where to be seen,
"Ian-where-is-your-bag!?" I dart at him,
He coughs before speaking,
"I left it on the road...."
Shiz!! I run back leaving Ian alone. His green and grey bag lies on its side on the dusty road. I sprint to it, pick it up and sprint back, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.

"Ian, hang in ther-" I look around. Ian isn't lying down anywhere. I run around a giant circle in search for him. My bag remains where I left it but Ian is gone.

"AANNTTTHHOONNYY!!!!" I hear Ian's voice call from dead ahead into the woods and away from the road.
I sprint towards his call as fast as I possibly can.

A foggy blob appears in my vision and I conclude it to be Ian. Once I get closer, it turns out to be two blobs. Now only about one hundred metres away I can see that someone, someone is dragging Ian with his head floppy. He is unconscious!

I run and run and pull out a pocket knife. And throw it into the neck of the man in black overalls. He drops Ian and falls face first into the muddy ground.

I pull out Ian's medical pack and give him a pain killer. I grab a bandage pull out the arrow carefully. I quickly disinfect the wound and stuff the hole with the bandage to stop the bleeding, using medical tape to keep it in place.

"Meerrrrrrrr...." I look around, the guy in black overalls is standing. His face is a paper white with green black circles around his bones which pop to the boundaries of his skin.

"Ian!" His eyes flutter open and jumps up in alarm from the zombie-hunter. I pick him up again, leaving the medical kit to save time, and run as fast as I can in the direction I came.

It follows us at our same speed. We can't outrun it. I need to tell Ian how I feel about him or he will never know if we die here.

"IAN! Listen to me! I need to tell you.... I-I-"
"Spit it out man!"
"I love yo-" fuck.
We reach the road where I see the group walking.
"Gun or run!" I shout instead.

They pull out s pistol from their belts and fire at the approaching zombie. It falls to the floor and I keep running until I'm far enough from it as possible.

I still didn't get to say how I feel to Ian's perfect face. I am ungreatful for the helpful company of the family for once again.

What I meant to say was.... Ian, I love you and I hope you feel the same way about me but every time I see your face I have to force myself to look away because I find you perfect.