The Instant White-Hot Wild

At a Safe House 

No one POV 

Ryan was throwing a fast ball when Homelander appeared and complimented "Whoa! I knew your fastball would come in sooner or later. " 

Grace ran out and said "Stay away from him! " and Homelander said "It's okay. I'm not here to cause trouble, hurt anyone. Just want to see my son. And I had a heck of a time trying to find you, buddy, I... even had to get a big, important congresswoman to help me. She been treating you all right?". 

Ryan said " Aunt Grace? Yeah, she's nice. " 

Homelander said ""Aunt Grace." Okay. You know, she may be nice, Ryan, but she's not your aunt. She's not even your real family. I can hear those clumsy fingers of yours slipping around on that screen. Get rid of it now. " 

Grace looked up at him and threw the phone away, and Homelander said "Listen, Ryan. Your mom, she wanted what's best for you. And so do I. You have a real family. One of those is someone else you know, Madeleine." 

Ryan said "Wait,what, she's family too" and Homelander said "Oh, yeah, she's your cousin, I was surprised too." 

Ryan said "But aren't you mad at me? For what I did? " and Homelander said "You know it wasn't your fault, right? Son, when you're as strong as we are, accidents happen, uh, things break... and sometimes they are the things that you love the most. But-but that's all it is: an accident. And nobody on this earth knows that better than me. Nobody. That why I'm always gonna love you. No matter what happens, no matter... what you do. I'm not going anywhere. I will always be here." 

Ryan hugs him. 

Madeleine's Apartment 

Madeleine was looking at a childhood video of herself running around and her father, Daniel running after her. 

Daniel said "And they prepare to shoot..and they don't get me, I avoid it " and Little Madeleine in the video said "I'm going to win" and Daniel said "Or will I get you." 

He smiled and picked her up and twirled her around and Madeleine kept looking at the video, and wiped away her tears. 

There was a knock on the door and Madeleine said "Go away, I'm not in the mood" and Hughie said "It's Hughie.." and Madeleine looked up and got up and her eyes turned purple and Hughie thought "I know you can read my mind, if you don't open the door, I'm going to teleport in, and neither of us want that." 

Madeleine sighed and opened the door and Madeleine said "I'm only doing this because I really don't want to see you naked." 

Hughie walked in and Madeleine said "Not because I want to talk." 

Hughie said "Soldier Boy is with Butcher.." and Madeleine said "I know, I'm not really in the headspace to, I'm going to help, I just need a breather. I don't want to talk about it, you didn't have to come." 

Hughie said "Well, Soldier Boy dropped the news on us..why didn't you tell us" and Madeleine said "Why didn't I tell you after I just found out that my dad was Homelander's twin brother, Making Homelander, the one who is also responsible for murdering my parents, My biological uncle, and that the murdering happy paranoid really old killing machine is my grandfather..Yes..Telling you right after is a great move, such an easy move." 

Hughie said "Okay, you have a point..I didn't even know your dad was adopted" and Madeleine said "My dad never wanted to know about his biological parents, Okay, it didn't seem that big of a deal..for me to mention. But of course now it is..which really, it's really, it's a lot, okay. It's fucking a lot, and I wish he hadn't told me."