Revelation

Tanjiro bolted towards the house. He did it! He cut the boulder! All that training hadn't been for nothing. All he needed to do was perfect and polish. Sabito and Makomo helped out with that. They had put in so much effort to help him. Tanjiro's spirits were elevating with each stride he took towards the house. Finally, the two of them had sliced their boulders. After telling Urokodaki, he'd tell [Name]. That was if he could find [Name].

He was breathless and clutched his chest as he ran. His scabbard bobbed alongside him as he dashed towards the door. Once reaching the small house, he removed his shoes and shoved the door open. He fell inside, finding Urokodaki reading in the corner.

"Sensei! Sensei! The boulder... I did it!" Tanjiro huffed, climbing to his feet.

𐙚˙⋆.˚

Tanjiro leads Urokodaki towards the boulder. For sure, it was cut into two pieces. It wasn't as impressive as [Name]'s boulder, but it was a sure achievement for him. He looked back to Urokodaki, before finding his mask peering right at him. He could tell that behind the mask. Urokodaki wore a solemn yet proud expression.

"You know, I had no intention of sending you to the Final Selection. I saw that you were an optimistic ball of sunshine, and I couldn't bear to send you off to that hellscape of a mountain, crawling with those demons. I didn't want to see children die anymore. I was sure you wouldn't be able to slice this boulder, but..." Urokodaki started.

"You're a remarkable kid, Tanjiro Kamado. You and [Name] have shown enough strength to partake in Final Selection," he finished, patting Tanjiro on the head.

"Thank you... thank you from the bottom of my heart. Speaking, of [Name], I should go find them," Tanjiro spoke.

Urokodaki pulled his hand from Tanjiro's head as he nodded. He sniffed the air, trying to find [Name]. Tanjiro immediately picked up on their scent. He quickly sped towards the smell. But the closer he got, the stranger the scent got. It began to mingle with... another scent. A demon's scent.

𐙚˙⋆.˚

"I said leave!" [Name] shouted again to Doma.

He only smirked and leaned down to their height. Seeing him have to lean made them feel quite short. It seemed he wasn't leaving anytime soon. It was only when Doma leaned down that [Name] saw the kanji in his eyes. They gasped as they read, 'Uppermoon 2'. Uppermoon 2? Urokodaki had mentioned the 12 Kizuki, comprised of six Lowermoons and six Uppermoons. Doma was... Uppermoon 2? To think that they had been healed by a demon that could've killed their entire family.

They were extremely lucky that he hadn't killed the entire family that day.

"Are you still mad about the hair pull? I'm sorry, but the past is the past! Loosen up, dear!" Doma chuckled, placing his hands on [Name]'s shoulders.

"Why won't you leave?" [Name] asked.

"Because I wanted to tell you something! But, you're so mad at me. I'm starting to think you don't like me," Doma spoke playfully, displaying false sorrow.

"Of course, I don't like you. You're a demon. If you weren't Uppermoon 2, I'd have killed you," [Name] sharply said.

Doma smiled at that. However, his eyes weren't smiling. He came around to [Name]'s left side, his arm wrapping around their right arm as his other hand wafted over to the cold blade. As soon as he touched it, the blue colour began to melt away, seeping back into his fingers. [Name]'s eyes widened as the blade lost all colour.

"You do realise that I was the one who allowed you to cut that boulder?" Doma spoke, his voice dropping to a low tone.

"What do you mean?"

"This blade. I acquired it from a past Hashira, and I must say, I took much enjoyment in devouring that very same Hashira. I decided to keep it, and keep it as an ornament. But as the years stretched on, I realised it was going to come to no use," Doma started.

Urokodaki had explained to [Name] that the Hashira were at the top of the ranks in the Dmeon Slayer Corps. It was extremely difficult to become a Hashira, with many qualifications needing to be met. One has to kill 50 demons or a member of the 12 Kizuki. So, plainly stating, if [Name] killed Doma right here and now, could they become a Hashira?

"This is a Hashira's blade?" [Name] asked, looking at the now dull blade in their hands.

"Let me correct you. It was a Hashira's blade. Did you miss the statement where I mentioned that the Hashira who once owned it is now deceased? And look here, [Name]. It has the engravement, 'Destroyer of Demons'. Only Hashira can have that engraved in the blade," Doma corrected.

"Now let me finish, please. I was wandering through the mountain when I came across you and your brother training. I took one look and decided that you had quite a lot of potential! So I retrieved the blade and swapped it out for your other one. I've had your old one for quite a while now," Doma spoke.

"But why does this one glow? Or rather, why did it used to glow? And how did you retract its glow?" [Name] asked.

This encounter was quite volatile. At first, it was calm, hostile and back to calm again. Doma smiled as he took the blade. [Name] didn't bother trying to hold onto it. After all, it wasn't their blade. Doma held the blade tightly, swinging it in front of him. He chuckled as [Name] jumped back.

"Oh, this is fun! Why didn't anyone tell me that swords were so diverting?" Doma chuckled as he whipped the blade sharply.

"Answer my question!" [Name] shouted, prompting him to stop moving the sword.

"It glowed because it had my Blood Demon Art on it! That's why your attacks became stronger with this blade. You weren't using your strength to cut that boulder. You were using mine," Doma continued, his voice very low.

He touched the blade again before it regained its od blue hue. [Name] held themselves upright in shock. So, without Doma's blade, their boulder would probably still be intact! No wonder they were able to cut it up into 10 pieces. It was inhuman strength that did it. Doma returned the blade to [Name], placing it in their scabbard. [Name] saw as Doma patted the hilt of the sword before standing straight. He took the old, rusted blade out of [Name]'s hand.

"I think I'll keep this one. It's only fair that I get a present after gifting you that godly weapon," Doma cooed, touching the tip of the blade with his finger. 

A/N

Hello! I'm sorry for being late! This chapter was supposed to come out yesterday (10 pm AUS time) but I was feeling sick so I wasn't able to. I'm feeling better after a good night's rest so I can keep posting! YAY! Also, I feel like I'll stick with the spelling 'Doma' because it's shorter. Thanks for being patient with me while I took like a few hours off. 

Question: Sabito or Makomo? Why?

Taisho Era Secret: The blade that Doma stole belonged to an old Wind Hashira