𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐞. this is me trying

chapter 4. this is me trying

"I just wanted you to know

this is me trying"

May 9th ,2017

"I GOT ACCEPTED I GOT ACCEPTED!" Sitara squealed when she looked at the letter. Sitara had just gotten accepted into the New Zealand School of Music, and it was her dream to become just like Taylor Swift. Kainaat was the first to hear the news.

"Congrats!! So you're going to New Zealand in 2018 for music?" Kainaat asked and Sitara nodded. "Yes I am! So excited!"

"Cool, wait until I reach America to be a swimsuit model." Kainaat said with a smirk as she did a weird pose (from Sitara's perspective).

Sitara rolled her eyes. "Seriously? A swimsuit model? I mean it's a famous career, but it's kind of hard to get, you know? Maybe try something more easier?"

Kainaat nodded, but she was mad on the inside. She always wanted to be a model in America, even her parents didn't encourage it. But Sitara wanted to become a singer, that's also a famous career like my dream? And my parents are encouraging her, it's not fair Kainaat though to herself.

When they both grew, Sitara started getting more attention. Maybe with the grades and studying. Kainaat tried her best, she did study, even though she was a popular kid. She didn't get good grades like Sitara. Sitara isn't even her biological sister, that made Kainaat more angrier.

At the dinner table, the Oberois couldn't stop talking about Sitara's acceptance into the New Zealand School of Music. Kainaat sat there, and no one talked about her collage acceptance letter.

Kainaat nudged her father at the dinner table. "Papa, I got accepted into a collage nearby! Aren't you happy?"

Mr. Oberoi nodded. "Yes, I am happy, but look at Sitara. She just got accepted into a music university abroad! Why can't you go to the university abroad like her?"

"Kainaat, we don't like the career choice of you becoming a model. It's just... you know. Not educational?" Mrs. Oberoi added.

Kainaat frowned. "But Ma, Sitara is studying at a music university. Isn't that also not educational?".

Sitara suddenly developed an interest for her roti.

"But singers know about music, and that's good! Models just catwalk on runways. Sweetheart, I don't know if this is a good idea." Mr. Oberoi said with a stern look on his face.

Kainaat had enough. She walked away with fury to her room and locked her door. Mr. Oberoi was yelling for her to come back, but she just opened her diary and put her headphones on. She started playing the Red album (not Taylor's Version sadly) to calm her down.