❄️🌕🥀🫐Chapter 27🫐🥀🌕❄️

The intermediate dimension

The intermediate dimension. Again.

By now, Larkpaw had gotten used to it and immediately recognised that she was in a dream controlled by Goldenstar. But this time something was different.

Larkpaw didn't quite understand it. It was the same hill as last time, but the oppressive feeling she had felt here was different — as if something had drastically changed.

On light paws, Goldenstar stepped out from behind a withered bush. "Welcome back." As always, her voice sounded chillingly cold. "It will be a long and arduous journey for you until you reach your destination. Besides, I've realised that you need to know the history of PrickleClan in order to truly recreate it."

Larkpaw bit her tongue in annoyance. Again this nonsense about me having to create a new PrickleClan! "Are you going to tell me a story now?" she enquired. I could happily do without that.

"Larkpaw." Unnoticed, Goldenstar had stepped closer and looked at her with a stern expression. "You still want to resist, don't you?"

Startled, Larkpaw flinched and pressed her ears to her head. Of course she wished she could get away from it all as quickly as possible. She cursed herself for not at least trying to flee from the oath like Bramblepaw had done. If Goldenstar really wanted to cause her problems afterwards, as she had threatened, she would have dealt with it somehow.

"Well," Goldenstar continued as she paced in a circle around Larkpaw. "It's probably better if you experience it yourself."

Experience it yourself? What does that mean?

Goldenstar stood in front of her again. "Close your eyes," she commanded without further explanation.

Larkpaw would have much rather disagreed. She wanted to talk to Goldenstar and keep asking until she would come out with the reason.

But she already knew that it wouldn't do any good anyway. Goldenstar saw Larkpaw as an important means to an end. So it was impossible that she wanted to put her in danger.

Sighing, Larkpaw did as she was told. I just have to play along with her game and maybe there will be an opportunity to escape her at some point. She must have a weakness somewhere that I absolutely have to find.

"That's it, now stay like that and don't move. Let go of all your thoughts and empty your head." Suddenly Goldenstar's voice was strangely muffled, sounding distant and close at the same time.

Don't think. Don't think. Larkpaw slowly became dizzy, as if she was slipping into a deep sleep.

Then soft noises reached her ears. The splashing of water, rustling of leaves, an occasional bird chirping — and meowing.

Warmth seeped through her pelt, which was used to the cold, a cosy warmth that felt frighteningly real.

Larkpaw's eyelids began to flutter. Although she was curious to know what exactly was happening here, she still kept her eyes tightly shut as ordered.