eris x azriel part 3

Azriel ground his teeth, clenching and unclenching his fists. Not for the reason the court infront of him suspected. His fury was not directed at Eris, moreso Beron.

Sitting on his throne, back straight, Beron smirked down at the Night Court. Rhysand returned a similar look, but Feyre put in the effort to make her smile genuine. It seemed that they were playing good cop bad cop. They must have decided that through their mind bond, as Azriel certainly had no idea what they were doing. They hadn't shared much with him since Eris was revealed as his mate.

Eris met his steely gaze. No smile reached his lips, but his eyes glowed with a firey sort of admiration.

"How may I help you?" Beron snarled.
"We wish to make Lucien an official part of our court. As his father, and High Lord, we require your permission." Feyre said with a friendly tone.

Standing next to his mate, Elain, Lucien swallowed.
"Father." He nodded his head.

"No." Beron snapped. "I will give no such permission."
"Why not?" Rhys scowled.

"You have insisted in being invited to my court, bought along an heir to another court, and now you intend to take my favourite son away from me!" Beron almost sounded sad.

Eris rolled his eyes at Berons blatant lie.

"Varian is a part of this court, Beron, as much as I am!" Amren cried at him. Beron visibly flinched, and Rhys raised an eyebrow. Amren laughed. "Not afraid of a little female, are you, Beron? Ha!"

"Amren." Feyre caught her eye, subtlety shaking her head. When Amren had fallen back beside Varian, she turned to Beron.

"You have no need of Lucien here, Beron. I am sure you love your son," Feyre twitched at the lie falling from her lips. "But we have much use of him in the Night Court! At least consider out proposal."

Beron relented. "I will think about it." Azriel stumbled back slightly, and Eris gaped at his father. "Get out of my throne room." There was the Beron Azriel knew.

~

Azriel stared out the window looking over the golden lake and apple orchid. Behind him, his family talked animatedly, weighing up weather Beron would agree. Lucien thought not, but Mor had complete faith that he would. "Surely he doesn't care enough about you!" She cried.
"But he cares about control. He wants to keep as many people as possible, so he looks more powerful than he is." Lucien sighed. "He will never let me leave him."

A quiet spread over the room. No one spoke. A small knock sounded on the door. Azriel immediately turned, hurrying over to it. The door creaked open, and Eris slipped in.

Azriel pulled him into a loving embrace. He wrapped his arms around Eris's neck, pulling his lips to his own. The swayed back and forth.

"I hate pretending to hate you. I just wanted to run straight to you when you came in." Eris murmured into his lips. "I love you."
"I love you too."

After a moment, Cassian cleared his throat.
"Hey, Eris."

Eris nodded at the room, giving his brother a tight smile.

"So, what do you think Beron will do?" Mor asked him.

"No idea! I thought he was lying about considering to make you happy, but he is actually going to think about it! Totally unforeseen." Eris loosed a deep breath, glancing at Azriel. "Shall we?" He said quietly, gesturing to a bedroom. Azriel nodded.

"Aww, gross, guys! At least warn us if you plan on doing whatever it is you do!"
"We have stuff to talk about, Cass." Azriel rolled his eyes, following his mate, hand in hand.

~

Azriel ran his hand through Eris's hair. Eris played with his head resting on his chest, the position they had been in for an hour. "Can you stay with me tonight?" Azriel said quietly, breaking the silence that had lasted far too long.
Eris sighed. "Maybe."

"I miss you so much sometimes, Eris, it hurts."
"I know, Az, it's the same for me.

He took a deep breath. "I'll have to sneak out of my room, after dark. I might not be here until late."

"As long as I get to be with you." Azriel murmured, kissing his forehead.

~

It was like he was finally happy, Eris thought, as he creeped through the halls to the guest room. To spend the night with his mate after so long, it would be pure bliss.

He was giddy by the time he reached the door. The doorknob was cold, like ice. A strange feeling shot through his chest, like a warning, but Eris ignored it. He pushed the door open.

What he saw horrifyed him. He stumbled back into the hall, his back hitting the wall.

In the doorway to the chambers stood his father, smiling, like he knew Eris would come.

He had been caught.

<3333333