Chapter four: The apologies gone wrong.

*Savannahs p.o.v*

I am going to murder that guy. Derek is officially the most infuriating, unbelievably irritating person I have EVER met. I could imagine myself giving him a slow and gruesome death, making him watch as I cut off parts off his body, spreading them around different parts of the world and... Whoa. Calm down Savannah. Damn. I'm one scary chick. But what he did was unbelievable! I could not comprehend to what I must have done to make him hate me so much that he felt to need to pour sauce ALL over me!

That absolute jerk! I hope he-

"Listen Savannah." Said Annabelle as she interrupted my thoughts . "I know you're probably thinking of your usual scary-ass ways to kill my brother." Wow this girl knew me too well. "But I truly think it was an accident. Derek's grown up. He's all changed!" She said to me in a soft and vulnerable voice. Oh Annabelle. Sweet little naïve Annabelle. How wrong she was. She still saw the world through rose-tinted glasses. Which is why I always felt the need to protect her. She was my best friend, but she also felt like a little sister to me.

 I didn't want to burst her bubble and tell her that her brother was a creation of the devil, so I just nodded as she tried to find me something to wear out of her enormous closet whilst I dried my wet hair.

Annabelle finally found me a pair of daisy dukes (well, they were probably regular shorts on Annabelle, but my legs are far longer than hers) and a pink T-shirt that was pretty tight and short.(Again considering how petite Annabelle was.)   It wasn't exactly my style. I looked far too girly, but it would have to do. After all, my clothes had green gunk all over it. Thanks Derek. Thanks a bunch.

*Dereks p.o.v*

I'd finally thought of what to do. A solution to two of my problems.

Solution #1:  prank my lovely cousin Conner with a delicious mouth watering rotten and sickening turkey sandwich. Let's just put it this way...it wasn't turkey.

Solution #2: Apologise to Savannah once again, and offer her a peace offering in another delicious sandwich. Except this one WILL be turkey.  (Sandwiches were the only form of food that I couldn't fail in, you see.)

I'd finished making both of the sandwiches when I see Savannah and Annabelle walking downstairs. She looked good as new. Oh wow she was so beautiful. I rushed over to her with the sandwich.

"Listen Savannah. Honestly, I am so sorry. You can't interpret how bad I feel about the whole situation. It was all just a big misunderstanding. An accident. I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot. Could we start over?" I looked at her hopefully. She just stood there watching me with her arms folded and one eyebrow raised up. She wasn't amused. "Uhm. Okay. I made you a sandwich? As a peace offering?" Her eyes lit up at the sandwich as her stomach rumbled. I chuckled. She looked at me.

"I'll see if I forgive you. But only if the sandwich tastes good!" She said as she took the sandwich from my hands and walked away with Annabelle.

Mission one = Almost complete!

Now where's Conner?

I looked around the yard when I spotted him near the pool. I walked over to him.

"Hey man" I smiled.

"Hey." He replied.

"Mum told me to give you a sandwich. You looked hungry."

"Thanks man. I'm starving." He snatched the plate from my grasp and stuffed the sandwich into his mouth.

I waited for the disgusted look on his face...but it never came.

"This is some good sammitch. Tell your mum thanks!" My eyes widened.

Either that dude has no taste buds or....

ABORT MISSION!

ABORT MISSION!

I turned around to see Savannah about to take her first bite of the wrong sandwich. I tried to run to her to stop her. But it was too late. She swallowed her first bite when her huge green eyes widened in realisation of what she'd just eaten. She looked as if she was about to puke right there. Right then. She held her stomach and ran into the nearby toilet.

I. Was. Screwed.

Annabelle followed Savannah into the toilets. I stood outside as I heard the sickening sound of her puking. I knocked on the door.

"Savannah! I'm sorry! It was a mistake! It was an accident! Forgive me!" I pleaded outside the door. Just then the noise of her puking stopping and the door pushed open. Hard. And Savannah walked out and looked at me. If looks could kill, I'd be dead by now. She fumed and gritted her teeth.

"An accident?! An ACCIDENT?!" She yelled. "Well it looks like you've been having many 'accidents' today, haven't you? Are you trying to kill me?!"

She was never going to believe me. "It was a mistake! I made two sandwiches, it was meant to go to-"

She interrupted; "wow." She clapped. "You almost had me fooled the first time that you were truly sorry. But I know better now. Why lie now?! I've figured you out! So why even bother?! I get that you don't like me for some reason, and now you're out to make my life a living hell. But why think up excuses like I were dumb enough to believe them for one second?!"

"Well then you must be dumb as Barbie because I'm telling the truth!" I quickly yelled back.

"Dumb?! As fucking Barbie?! You absolute jerk. I am not an object!" And with that, she slapped me. Hard. And walked away. I stood there. Still.

She slapped me.

She slapped me.

She actually just slapped me.

After I tried to be nice.

After I tried to make everything better.

The bitch had the nerves to slap me.

Nobody slapped me.

No matter whom they are.

I began fuming.

I turned to see a worried Annabelle. Oh great. She'd seen everything. I turned the other way and saw that the rest of the family had seen too.

I felt humiliated.

My baby sister just saw me get slapped.  It was my duty to protect her, she was not meant to see me weak. Ever.

Suddenly every feeling I ever had for Savannah had vanished.

That unfortunate little bitch was about to see the bad side to Derek Hastings.

...No. I couldn't.

For Annabelle's sake. She was still her best friend. But one thing is for certain. I felt nothing for Savannah Conway anymore. Nothing.

------------------