sweet whispers in kitchen

Kaya

I'm far from him. To think about everything. To give myself and my family time.

"Kaya is this right!???" Rohu asked me how to join hands while joining his palms together, sitting on my lap.

I am in India. New Delhi.
In my parents home. Far from New york. Far from Prem. Far from all bullshit.

This place have been so close to me.
The nostalgic smell of the furniture. The old TV. The same old kitchen.
But. . no more the same people.

I took Rohu's small hands between mine."Yes you are doing good. So are you Pihu." Pihu smiles looking back at the photo frame of Mom.

We are in a Puja.

Today marks the 8th year of mom's death anniversary.
This is the same living room where we used to watch old movies together.

Di kept asking me about Prem in the flight.

Here I blocked his number.

She still thinks I hate him I think.
I haven't told her yet about whatever happened between us.

Just forget everything Kaya.
You are in India. After an year.
Live in the moment with your only family.

Everyone is in this room.
The neighbours who said I look westernized and no more Indian.
The friend's of my parents.

Pihu who was sitting beside me tried to murmur the mantra as the Panditji said.

"Are you sure you are okay?"
Jiju asked and I shook my head with a smile. He caught me in tears just as I entered the house. And kept asking me if I am okay.

I close my eyes.

And think of my mother. The only person who would understand me the best right now.

Mom . .if you were with me today I would tell you about this headache. Obviously not Dad he would turn feral if he knew about a guy.

But you would listen to me.
Stroke my hair slowly. . Tell me what to do. Comfort me on the days Mr. Hemilton scolds me.
Mom you would love me. .
You would hug me.
Our hug joined by Dad and Di.

Nothing can come together now.
Everything's. .

gone.

A lonely tear fell on my cheek.

Which got wiped by a finger.

"Don't cry."

I opened my mouth to tell Jiju I am okay again.

WAIT-

The voice.

I opened my eyes, looked towards Jiju and Di, they were smilling towards my right.

Who's . . At my right. .?

NO WAY-

I don't have the balls to look.

"You won't even look at me Lemon?"

I close my eyes again.
I am hallucinating now?

"He's not here. He's not here. He's not here. I am just hearing voices like I did these days. He's not here." I murmur to myself.

"Look at me."
I slowly open my eyes.

The pinkish lips curved into a smile

"P-prem!? . . ."