love

Kaya

"All these are for him!?" Pri asked being shocked with a suspicious Zoro in her arms. As if I bought a dead body with me from India.

It's just 17 packets of different sweet snacks.
Why is she overreacting?
"So what?"

Priyanka looked at me for a long minute.
"You're smiling. .
You're humming a song..
You are packing all those snacks and visiting him to give him-
Kaya. . these are the symptoms of-
you know it well."

Am I?
I am always smil-

I am not. .
.. . .

"I-  ..had a good time in Delhi.
The vacation was nice and I played a lot with the kids and what not obviously I am smillin–"

"What happened after Prem left?"
Direct straight to the point.
That's Pri.
I just told the girls he came to Delhi in my parents house. They looked at me through the phone as if I stole a bank without a mask on my face.
Fully fucked up.

"Sit here." She said gesturing to the chair, I did as she said. Pri sat near me as well and looked at me seriously.

"W-what??.."
"You're happy."
"That's an issue?"
"Like the happy happy kind of happy.. like a permanent happy."

I nod, "I am..not supposed to. . ?"

She hugged me suddenly, "Girl I am freaking happy for you! You have no more those worry and sadness on your face. . Finally god!!"

I slowly processed her words.
I breathe in her fresh coconut oil scent.

I have never wanted to let them know what I am going through as they have gone through themselves a lot and still are.

But Priyanka and Swati literally are happy at my happiness. They always have been the one feeling like the winners when I have an achievement.

"He called me at night for couple of days . . after he left."
I let out.

Priyanka released me from the hug and looked at me.

"Because I said how I cry every night feeling . . alone. So he called and talked to me. So that I don't feel lonely anymore."

I say and Priyanka smiled.

"He is the one."

I reply with nothing.

Or should I say I blushed a bit and not a single word could come out of my mouth.

Neither did she.
As if she already read through me, my reply.

"I ..b-better get going. I'll just drop these off in his place and visit Di later. Bye‐"

I stood up and rushed towards the door.

"We both know you are not going to your sister later Kaya. Doesn't seems like Prem would let you if you are this dolled up to meet him."

My cheeks flushed and I thanked universe because my back faced her instead of my face.

I am not dolled up tho!
I just wore the same white skirt he likes me in. Just a bit of makeup.
And conditioned my curls thrice.!

Okay. .
I get it. . Pri.

"Zoro, bite your owner. Can't you!?"

Zoro meowed as a no.

"As expected, thankyou so much for your so called help and loyalty towards me Zoro, but my question is where is Swati?"