Pride.

Pride has always been something Sorscha enjoyed. When she realised her sexuality, and learned to accept it, she went to Pride festival every year. In her early twenties, Sorscha would be found at the event without fail. She was the party, and her carefree attitude was almost infectious.

One year, Sorscha and her then girlfriend Clodagh were at the colourful festival, soaking in the vibrant atmosphere when she felt an overwhelming sense of contentment. Sorscha turned to Clodagh, taking her hands in her own. ''Clodagh, I've always loved you, and I know I can be messy but, you make life less messy.. I don't know if I'm making sense.'' Clodagh just laughed at her girlfriend's adorable ramblings.

''You're my chaos, babe. I couldn't imagine how boring life would be without you. I don't want to imagine that.'' her words gave Sorscha a surge of bravery and looked into her eyes before almost shouting ''Marry me.'' Clodagh smiled widely, nodding before pressing her forehead against Sorscha's. ''Ofcourse I'll marry you, I don't even have to think about it.''

Now, 6 years later, the married couple were at the same pride event, this time with an extra guest. A four year old Quinn was securely on Sorscha's shoulders, holding up a rainbow flag. Both her cheeks were painted with little rainbows and she was wearing an adorable multicoloured pair of dungerees.

Other people attending Pride would stop to compliment Quinn's outfit, or give her little rainbow-laces sweets. When asked if she was having fun, she was simply reply ''I love my mammies''

Sorscha and Clodagh were very trusting of the people at these events, having known most of them for many years, and allowed a lovely young man to plait small pink ribbons in their daughters hair. Quinn was very clearly having the time of her life, and if you were to ask an adult Quinn her favourite childhood memory, she'd say pride.

Throughout the day, Quinn had done loads. She danced, laughed, sang. Clodagh even gave her a small facepaint set and allowed her to wander round asking if people wanted rainbows painted, as long as she kept in sight.

It was nearing around 9pm and the party was going strong. Quinn, however, was not going strong and was found on a small chair huddled asleep. Sorscha took off her Jacket and slowly put it over the young girl, giving her a small forehead kill before picking her up. ''I think it's time we get this one to bed.''

''I agree, she's worn out bless her.'' Clodagh laughed. As they were walking to their car Sorscha started thinking. She didn't know what she did in a past life to deserve this one, but she would never change it for the world.