If I was a worm

"Would you still love me if I was a worm?"

Marjorie and Reece were sat on the sofa, Marjorie's legs resting on Reece's legs. She was snuggled slightly on his side while he had an arm wrapped around her shoulder.

This line of questioning from Marjorie had gone on for a while now, with Reece answering 'yes' to every question. The nursery manager had gone over a vast majority of things, ranging from household objects to wildlife.

"Would you still love me if I was really small, like an inch tall?"

Reece chuckled at the image, before answering amusedly "If you were an inch tall I would carry you around in my pocket."

"What if I was suddenly turned purple?"

"I wouldn't mind you really suit purple." Marjorie smiled at the answer before suddenly going silent. looking down at her hands, she fumbled with her hoodie for a few moments before looking back up at Reece with slightly sad eyes. "Would you still love me if I was even fatter?"

Reece scooped her up into a gentle embrace, allowing his chin to rest on the top of her head. "Marjorie you are not fat. And anyway, I don't care about your weight, I love you for you." Marjorie let out a soft sigh, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "I don't get you. You could have anyone, you dated Mia and she could be a model, why me?"

Reece's heart broke at her words and he held onto her that little bit tighter. "Marjorie you are beautiful, and funny, and kind. I'm lucky to spend the rest of my life with you." Marjorie looked up at him, almost in disbelief. "You want to spend the rest of your life with me?" Reece gave her a small smile, before kissing her forehead gently.

"Ofcourse I do marj, you're my third star." Marjorie loved when Reece compared her to astrology. She knew how much the stars brought comfort to him and how much he loved them, and the idea that he associated her with that aswell really meant alot to her. "I love you Reece" she moved her body so that she was snuggled into his embrace, resting her head on his chest.

"I love you too Marj." Reece planted another light kiss on her forehead. The two stayed wrapped in eachothers arms for a while. Eventually, Marjorie fell asleep in Reece's arms. He made no attempt to wake her, savouring the blissful moment.

Reece had realised a while back that his world was Marjorie. She was his lighthouse, his guiding light, his everything. Hearing Marjorie ask him if he'd still love if her weight changed shattered his heart and he made a promise to himself to show Marjorie that he would love her every day until the day he stopped breathing.

So, to answer her question, yes he'd still love her if she were a worm.