[62]

ISHITA

ISHITA

As we neared my apartment building, a knot of unease tightened in my stomach. At a distance, I could see a swarm of media personnel milling around, their cameras poised and ready. The last thing I wanted was to deal with another invasive press encounter.

"Eunwoo," I said urgently, "My apartment is surrounded by media and if they see us together it will be chaos ."

His face shifted to one of immediate concern. He glanced at the approaching scene through the windshield and then quickly took a sharp turn, steering us away from the crowd. The sudden maneuver had me gripping the armrest, my heart racing.

"Don't worry," he said, his voice steady and reassuring. "We'll find another way."

I watched the media swarm in the rearview mirror as we drove away from my building, their flashing cameras slowly fading from view. Eunwoo navigated through the streets with practiced ease, his focus evident as he searched for a solution.

"I'll look for a hotel room," I said, glancing at me with a touch of hesitation. "Y—you could stay at my place if you'd prefer."

I shook my head, my mind racing with the day's events. "Hotel is fine. I'll be good."

He nodded, though I could see he was still concerned. "I have to make a call. I'll be back soon."

He stepped out of the car, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I picked up my phone and began searching for hotel rooms, my fingers moving quickly over the screen. Each call I made was met with the same response: all rooms were fully booked. The frustration and exhaustion from the day were starting to take their toll.

After several unsuccessful attempts, I saw Eunwoo approaching again. He got back into the car with a thoughtful expression. "I'm afraid there aren't any available rooms tonight. It looks like the city is fully booked because of some major event."

I let out a tired sigh. "Looks like we're out of options. I really don't want to deal with the media tonight."

Eunwoo's expression softened with empathy. "I understand. If you change your mind, my offer to stay at my place still stands. I can ensure we avoid the media and get some rest."

I paused, weighing the option. I didn't want to impose, but the idea of spending another moment searching for a hotel while dealing with the stress was overwhelming.

"Alright," I said finally, feeling a mixture of relief and reluctance. "If you're sure it's not a problem, I'll take you up on that offer."

His face brightened with relief. "It's really no trouble at all. Let's get out of here and head to my place."

As we drove to his apartment, I felt a wave of gratitude for his kindness. The drive was quiet, the earlier chaos replaced by a more soothing atmosphere. When we arrived, He led me inside his apartment. It was cozy and inviting, a peaceful refuge from the hectic day.