Lore

(Past)

Gaster stared in awe at the small bundle in his arms. Sans. His child had been created from some dust from his hand and his magic.

The little skeleton opened their sockets and looked up at him. The eye lights weren't colored yet, but they were large.
"I will always care for you," whispered Gaster looking at them lovingly.

After removing them from the tube they were created in, he had wrapped their delicate body in towels

After removing them from the tube they were created in, he had wrapped their delicate body in towels. He glanced at the calendar, August 21.
"Heh, happy birthday," he said.

Sans was three years old. She was a curious little child, a little small for her age, and smart. She had curly blue hair made of magic on her head and sky blue eye lights.

Gaster smiled as he watched her play. She was rather energetic, wanting to run and play.

Gaster paced as he waited for the results from the healer. Sans had suddenly fallen ill and it wasn't going away. He heard the sound of the door opening and turned.

"I'm sorry," was the first thing the healer said.
"Why? What's wrong?" Asked Gaster frantically.
"Bone dust. It's a disease specific to skeleton monsters." She said.
"I think my mother mentioned it once.... What should I do?" Asked Gaster.
"You can only treat the symptoms. Bone dust... is terminal. I give her until 12 years old maximum to live, and even then, she could die younger." The healer said sadly.
"No! There must be some cure!" Cried Gaster.
"I'm sorry. It's... these kinds of things are never easy." She said.

Gaster looked at Sans who had just fallen asleep with tears pricking his eyes. His little star, his child... she was only 3, now he was told she would be lucky to reach 12?

He entered his room and grabbed the book he had found on rare diseases.

Alphys looked in the records  for more on Sans.
'A death record?' Thought Alphys,

Name: Sans Star Skeleton
Gender: Female
Age: 9
Cause of death: [unknown]
Family: Gaster Wing Ding Skeleton, Papyrus Dusk Skeleton

"Cause of death unknown? Didn't she die from her illness?" Wondered Alphys aloud. She stared puzzled at the document.
'Could she have not died of her illness? Did something else kill her?' Thought Alphys.

A/N: hope you enjoy this small bit of lore