Chapter 76

Madi

"Oh. My. God. That is the most romantic thing I have ever seen. Girl, he is a keeper." April's voice is full of happiness for me having seen the entire game and the way in which Alex proposed to me. I'm sitting in the large foyer/reception area waiting for Alex to come back through.

So far, I have not seen Levy or coach, I let out a sigh of relief. "And when will you get married?" She asks me like an excited puppy. I chuckle.

"Give us some breathing space, April. He's only just asked me and also we have a lot, and I mean a lot to work through. You know he lives in Aspen and plays for Colorado, although how long that will last for is anyone's guess. I am after my promotion in the firm and don't foresee me leaving Austin."

"Hey, surely, you'd move to be with Alex, right? I mean, seriously, Girl why live in Austin when you can have all that around you in Aspen? Besides, you can work from anywhere, what says you have to be in the office in Austin. Unless it's a stipulation by Ruben."

"No, I think Ruben would be okay with it, but my family is here and I'd miss them. And leaving to live in Aspen, wow that would be massive."

"Sure, of course but you want to be with Alex, right?"

"Absolutely, of course. I want whatever makes him happy and keeps his focus on the ice. He even said he'd quit for me at one point. I can't let that happen. You saw what an amazing game he played tonight."

"Man, he is a legend that's for sure. He is like a God on the ice. I want to be your maid of honor."

"You will be, don't worry about that. But a wedding, well that's a way down the line unless of course he wants to start on having babies."

April squeals at the other end of the phone, I can just imagine her bouncing up and down. It's cute. "Babies, how many do you want? Oh my, we're getting on with our lives and being proper adults. It's insane."

"I don't know how many, four I guess would be nice. It depends what Alex wants. To be honest, this is such a whirlwind that we haven't discussed it. You know what matters is that we are head over heels in love with one another and want to max on our time before we rush into anything else."

"Yeah, I get that. I'm so happy for you, Mads. Honestly, it's the best thing. It still makes me chuckle though, when you first got there you couldn't stand being anywhere near him and now look at you. A girl heading for marriage. It's a proper enemies to lovers, fake dating romance. I just love it."

We both giggle like high school girls. "And how about you and Julien. How is that going? Did the meal the other night go well."

"Of course. We're getting closer, he is a dream. He's so romantic. He bought me huge, white roses the other day and is taking me on a secret trip at the weekend. I have no idea where, but I can't wait."

"Sounds heavenly, have a wonderful time." I see Alex coming through with his sports bag over his shoulder looking for me. He sees me, a broad grin spreads out all over his face as he makes his way over, only to be stopped by some kids who ask for his autograph. Naturally, like the good sportsman that he is, Alex is more than happy to sign his name.

"Listen, honey can we catch up in the next day or so? Alex is just coming through. We're heading off to the hotel. He has to leave early tomorrow for Toronto. I'm not flying with him; I will be heading back to Austin."

"Sure thing of course. And enjoy your first night of being engaged passion. Oh, Madi I am over the moon for you. I don't have the words to express just how ecstatic for you I really am." I can hear the emotion and softness in her voice. I love my bestie so much and can't wait to see her when I fly back home.