Time's Reckoning

My PoV

Blinking, I found myself in the same spot I was just at, but I knew it was a different time. Dimension, I do not know. I could tell that it was a different time, as the room was covered with years of dust, the walls where destroyed, and looking out the window I could see that a battle had taken place, in the court yard.

"What in the name of America, happened here?" Looking I saw my trusty M1911, hanging up on the a non-destroyed wall in a case. Smiling, I walked over to it and opened the case, and taking my gun. In doing so a note, weathered by time fell out. Holstering my gun, I picked up the note and began reading the contents in it.

Dear Alex,

If you're reading this, then it means....... We actually don't know what it means. It's been a couple of months since you disappeared. We hope that you're safe, and that when you find this, you're okay, and that time has been kind to you.

We've been trying to make sense of everything since that day. It feels surreal, like a scene from a movie, where the main character suddenly vanishes without a trace. Each day without you is like a missing piece of a puzzle, and we can't help but replay the last moments we spent together in our minds.

We wish we could tell you how much you are missed. Your laughter, your insights, and even your quirks are sorely missed. We keep hoping that maybe you're out there, having an adventure or finding your way in a place where the past doesn't weigh you down.

We've searched everywhere, talked to everyone, and followed every lead. It's exhausting, but we refuse to give up. If you're reading this, we need you to know that we haven't lost hope. You're still a part of our life's, we I believe you'll find your way back to us.

Take care of yourself, Alex. Whatever journey you're on, we hope it leads you back home. We'll be here, waiting for you, holding onto the memories we created together, and believing that one day, we'll laugh about this strange chapter in our lives.

With love,
Team AEEY.

I folded up the note, and stuck it into my pockets. Sadly smiling, I shook my head. "Even though you're Emily and Emma, you still act as if you're Andy and John. Thanks, my Freunde." Sighing, I walked over to the window, before jumping through it, falling to the ground. Landing, I stood up and made my way to the hanger, hoping that what I needed was still there. Opening it, I wide grin spread across my face. There sitting as if she was brand new, was Phenix.

Bounding over to the F4U Corsair, a ran my hand across. "I'm back, my darling. Let's get flying." As I climbed into Phenix's cockpit, the familiar smell of oil and leather enveloped me. It was like coming home after a long, arduous journey. My hands moved automatically, flipping switches and checking gauges. The old girl might have been sitting here for who knows how long, but I had faith in her. We'd been through too much together for her to let me down now.

"Alright, Phenix," I murmured, patting the instrument panel affectionately. "Let's see if you've still got some fight left in you."

I hit the ignition, and for a heart-stopping moment, nothing happened. Then, with a splutter and a roar, the massive radial engine came to life. The vibrations coursed through me, and I couldn't help but grin. It was like reuniting with an old friend.

As the engine warmed up, I took a moment to survey my surroundings. The hangar was a mess, debris scattered everywhere and large sections of the roof missing. Through the gaps, I could see an ominous red sky, filled with dark, swirling clouds. It looked like something out of a nightmare.

"What the hell happened while I was gone?" I muttered, shaking my head.

With the engine purring smoothly, I began to taxi out of the hangar. The moment I cleared the structure, the full extent of the devastation hit me. Beacon Academy, once a proud and majestic institution, was now a crumbling ruin. The tower that had stood as a beacon of hope was toppled, its remains scattered across the courtyard.