Chapter 1

21 years old & living on my own. No parents, no brothers or sisters. Nothing.

Being an orphanage my whole life sickens me. Knowing my parents were strung out on drugs didn't affect me. Nothing phased me growing up with 10 different other kids, I kinda had a side that I didn't like myself.

Only thing I'm proud of is having my own apartment and car. Shit friends, never had any. I was always the cute kid who got picked on.

My foster parents bought me two things a year. Christmas & my birthday. Luckily, I wanted myself to stand out so at 16 I got a job at my local grocery store.

I thought I found a guy who loved me. Shit that's that high school shit I'm talking about. Talked me into having sex and I got introduced to a fuck nigga after I finally got that he left after I let him have all of me.

It's 9 o'clock and I noticed I had to be to work down at the club as a bartender.

I dressed in a simple t-shirt and denim jeans with some basic sandals to finish the outfit.

The club usually got packed around midnight and that's when I'll be busy getting drinks for the drunks of the club.

I got into my Pontiac G6 and started in the direction of the club. I plugged my aux cord in and let some August Alsina blasts my speakers.

Making my way to the back of the club, I packed my bag into a locker. I walked to the bar and began setting things up before the night got entirely busy.

Celebrities always came through at this strip club, why? I don't know. These strippers not worth shit.

It was close to 12 o'clock and the club was packed and the speakers were bursting Kirko Bangz drank in my cup.

Everybody grabbed their other and began to slow dance.

"Must be nice." I mumbled, eyeing the crowd slumped over on the bar sipping a soft drink.

I turned my back towards my phone and I was interrupted by some man demanding me.

"Say ma'am, hook me up with some." The man said.

As I turned around, I seen Jay. Everybody knew he was a big time dope dealer. To be as fine as he is you wouldn't expect him to be the city's drug lord.

I never made eye contact with him this close and his teeth were perfect. Eyes were hazel brown. Hair had waves with the blend fade.

"What do want?" I asked trying not to flirt.

"What would you recommend for me?" He asked smirking.

"I usually drink Rozay on rocks." I said laughing a little.

"Well put me down on some right then." He laughed.

I turned around and filled a glass cup with ice and then mixed the drink. I could sense him looking at me, you know that feeling you get when a person is staring at you? Yeah, that's what I felt.

I gave him the drink and gave him a little smile.

"You not tryna drug me huh?" He joked.

"Nah, you good this time." I laughed.

We laughed it off and I began helping another customer. I fixed his drink as he paid and quickly left the bar. Once again it was me and Jay.

I got on my phone and strolled on the screen pretending like I'm busy so this wouldn't feel too weird.

"You never told me how much this gonna cost." Jay began.

"Oh, uh just five bucks." I responded.