Chapter 3

*Maya*
Pulling up to my apartment, I struggled to get all these bags from shopping with Jaylon.

I'm not gone say I'm using him but I absolutely do not feel comfortable with him buying materialistic things. Not right now at least.

Putting all the bags in my closet, I got to thinking about Jaylon. No guy has ever bought me things and I thank him for that.

I wish I could tell someone how happy I am about Jaylon, but I had no one to brag to.

Everyday there's a moment I think about my parents. I have so many questions for them both. I've had people enter and leave my life many times, but my parents were first.

My own graduation, my foster parents didn't show up and that's suppose to be the happiest time of my life.

Being the person I am, I want no sympathy from anyone. If it isn't one thing I hate, it's for someone to feel sorry for me. Possibly because it doesn't fix anything.

Tying up my hair preparing for a shower, an unknown number called.

Picking up the call, I heard Jaylon's voice.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Sup girl?"

"Hey boy." I laughed kinda.

"Was waiting on me to call wun' it?"

I know he did a lil smirk when he said that, I could hear it in his voice.

"Boy please, wasn't nobody worried bout' you." I lied.

"It's coo, you just ran across ah nigga' mind n'shit so I had to call and make my number visible."

His voice just gave me so much life on this phone. It's like God blesses me over and over with this man.

"I was wondering when you was gone call." I blushed.

"So you was thinking bout me?" He laughed.

"Whatever, boy please." I smirked.

Talking to Jaylon, I heard another male's voice in the background saying, "Aye foo, come on." Shortly after I heard him, Jaylon told me to text him and ended the call.

I wonder about him and what he does for a living. Knowing he's a drug dealer kinda haunts me but it is what it is. I wanna get to know him and how he performs his ways out to me, I love it and want nothing but more.

Laying down, texts from Jaylon back and fourth made me smile. Hearing my doorbell ring I thought twice before answering.

I wasn't expecting company so I really was confused. I opened the door to a the mailman but he had a small package that I had to sign for.

"Sign here." He directed me to sign.

Giving my signature, I kept asking about this box in my head. Being I don't know anyone, why would I be getting a package?

I tore the box open and it was a stack of money. Counting it, it ended up being $100,000 cash!

It had no name or returning address. Before I was gonna throw this box away, I seen a piece of paper written on.

The paper read; Use this wisely. You'll understand later, you're smart.

Reading this made me feel like I was being watched. If this were Jaylon he'd tell me but he never brought it up during the texts or phone conversation.

I wasn't planning on doing anything with this money. Maybe it was sent to the wrong address and they'll come get it back. This shit not normal at all.