𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝕸𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖇𝖊𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊

Killian liked to think he had enjoyed the adventurous sides to their voyage so far.

Partaking in a tournament, sailing across unknown seas, attending balls, shooting arrows at pirates and clashing swords with slave traders—there was something exhilarating about the rush of adrenaline that came with each new challenge.

He had never expected himself to, but he liked the nights spent under starlit skies, mapping the stars with Lucy, the stories Edmund had to tell about the Golden ages as he taught him new moves with the sword, and the days on unfamiliar shores, where every step held the promise of discovery.

There had been fierce battles and close encounters, moments where danger loomed like a shadow over the crew, but so far they had gotten lucky.

Yet, for all the excitement that adventure brought, some things about him never changed. For one, Killian found himself most at peace during the quieter moments aboard the ship.

It was in these rare lulls between storms and skirmishes, when the sea was calm and the Dawn Treader sailed gently on, that Killian felt truly content. The creak of the wooden decks beneath his feet, the soft whisper of the wind in the sails, and the simple camaraderie of his fellow crew members—these were the moments he cherished most.

The sound of chalk on paper was like music to his ears, the black stains on his hands a welcome sight as he proceeded to draw most of their adventures aboard the Dawn Treader. He was busy sketching the description Muriel had given him of the Brisk Farer's wreck she'd found at the cove. She had returned with a pale face, but a smile on her lips, and hadn't stopped talking until she'd recounted every single detail to them. Caspian had tried to calm her down, but she had kept on rambling until she'd run out of breath.

Killian smiled to himself, perfecting the outlines of the flower a he did so. Muriel was beginning to sound like herself again. He was beginning to recognise the same rambling, hopeful, ambitious girl he'd met so many years ago. The sea was doing them all some good.

Yet, not everyone seemed to enjoy themselves as much.

Killian was bent over his maps, enjoying the quiet work of charting their journey, when a shadow suddenly fell over the parchment.

He glanced up to find Eustace standing there, his arms crossed and a look of deep dissatisfaction etched across his face. Unlike the rest of the crew, Eustace appeared to find no joy in their adventures. He rarely took part in the ship's work unless prompted, and his disinterest in anything remotely related to sailing or exploration was palpable. Instead of excitement, Eustace wore a standard frown, and the seasickness he often complained about only added to his misery. As he stared down at Killian's map, his expression made it clear that he'd much rather be anywhere but here.