𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓: 𝕺𝖓 𝕭𝖔𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕯𝖆𝖜𝖓 𝕿𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖗

"AND THEN THE BOY SAID; why does mother smell like a goat?"

Killian was telling Muriel what transpired below deck as they made their way to the State room together. The princess had met with the cook's son after providing Lucy with some of her spare clothes. The young queen was pleased to have borrowed them; and although they were slightly large, they complemented the men's garments she had received from Caspian.

Killian couldn't contain his laughter over something the boy, now known to be Eustace, Lucy's and Edmund's cousin, had uttered in his delirious state upon awakening. Nausus, a faun, had kindly offered Eustace a bowl of soup to soothe his seasickness after he fainted. The image of Nausus' expression when Eustace, in his confusion, mistook him for his mother and insulted him by comparing him to a goat, still sent Killian into fits of laughter.

Muriel chuckled along, clearly amused by his storytelling. She was quite surprised to nearly collide with Nausus, who had stormed out just as she entered the small cabin, carrying some of her belongings. She had gone there to check on Eustace and Killian, and to secure the final hammock. With three new crew members on board, Muriel offered Lucy the chance to sleep in Caspian's cabin. Although Muriel had primarily used the cabin, a generous offer from Caspian, she now insisted that Lucy take it, having grown accustomed to the ship's sway. Muriel was content to dress there and sleeping below deck.

They had left Eustace to his slumber, agreeing that a drop of Lucy's cordial would probably do the trick in making him feel better later on. Now they were making their way to the State room, where Caspian had escorted Lucy and Edmund to explain the voyage to them.

"Poor Nausus," Muriel chuckled, opening the door nestled between the two staircases. They stepped into the small hall that housed several doors; one led to the State Room, another to Drinian's—the captain's—cabin. "Eustace better watch his back, you make one comment about Nausus and you have Randy to deal with."

"Wouldn't want to be on Randy's bad side," Killian grimaced, "have you seen his hooves? They're huge."

Muriel snorted, dismissing the image he had painted with a shake of her head. "It's impossible to get on Randy's bad side; he's a sweetheart," she said with a smile, recalling the two fauns who had danced with her by the campfire. "Now," she continued, returning to the matter at hand as she opened Drinian's cabin door, "I promised Drinian to retrieve some maps from his cabin. Can you help me carry them?"

With a single nod, the two of them entered the cozy room. It was not nearly as big as the State room, which also held Caspian's bed. But it was big enough for a captain to get the rest he well deserved.

Muriel quickly noticed the cabinet filled with various maps and instrumens, situated against the far right wall.

"Speaking of bad sides, actually," Muriel hummed as she made her way to the cabinet, "what did you do to get on Caspian's?"