Chapter 3

Lucas Pov

Winona and I made it to the Nurse's office where the nurse supplied me some new temporary clothes. After putting them on I made a call to my mom.

Lucas:Hey mom.

Mom:Hey Lucas. What's wrong?

Lucas:I just wanted you to know if you see me come home with different clothes on it's because one of my new friend accidently spilled my drink on me.

Mom:I see... are you sure it wasn't on purpose?

Hearing that made me angry which rarely happens.

Lucas:She didn't do it on purpose Mom!

My mom paused on the other end of the line, clearly taken aback by my outburst. I could hear her sigh softly.

Mom: I’m sorry, Lucas. I didn’t mean to upset you. I’m just... worried about you, that’s all. I know things were tough for you back in Fochun, and I don’t want you to go through that again.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. She was right to be worried. My old school wasn’t exactly filled with the friendliest people, but Canterlot High felt different. I could already feel it, even if things hadn’t gone exactly smoothly so far.

Lucas: I know, Mom. But it’s different here.

Mom:I know. I know. I should leave you alone and let you spread your wings like a Pidgey...I just worry like a momma Pidgeot.

I smiled a little at her analogy. My mom always had a way of making things relate back to Pokémon, and it helped lighten the mood.

Lucas: I get it, Mom. And I appreciate it. Just... trust me, okay? I’m going to be fine.

Mom: I trust you, Lucas. I do. Just promise me you’ll call if you need anything. And don’t hesitate to come home if things get too rough, alright?

Lucas: I promise, Mom.

Mom:So...who's your friend? I heard it was a girl~

I blushed embarressed.

Lucas:M-Mom!

I heard her laugh playfully over the phone.

Mom:I'm joking Lucas. But really, who is she?

Lucas:Really, I made two friends. Their names are Applejack and Pinkie Pie.

Mom: Those are some interesting names! They sound nice.

Lucas: Yeah, they are. Applejack’s really down-to-earth, and Pinkie Pie... well, she’s just a ball of energy. She’s the one who accidentally spilled my drink, but it wasn’t a big deal.

Mom: I’m glad to hear you’re making friends already. It sounds like you’re in good hands. Just remember to be yourself, Lucas. I’m proud of you for putting yourself out there.

Lucas: Thanks, Mom. That means a lot.

Mom: Anytime, honey. I love you.

Lucas: Love you too, Mom. I’ll talk to you later, okay?

Mom: Okay. Take care, Lucas.

After we hung up, I felt a little lighter. Talking to Mom always helped, even if she could be a bit overprotective. I knew she meant well. It was just hard for her to let go after everything that happened in Fochun. But this was a fresh start, and I was determined to make the most of it.

I turned back to Winona, who had been patiently waiting nearby. Applejack’s Growlithe had followed us to the nurse’s office and had been quietly keeping me company the whole time. She wagged her tail when I smiled at her.