Chapter 3: Ghosts of the Past

After arriving back at their base, Tiger moved to the rear of the truck and grunted as he lifted the unconscious Izuku out of the truck bed and started making his way to the Clinic. Mandalay hurried ahead and opened the door for Tiger as he carefully moved through the door frame while carrying Izuku and set him on the exam table. Ragdoll started turning on lights and Pixie-Bob started grabbing supplies and started setting them on the tray.

"I'm going to call Recovery Girl." Tiger said heading for the phone. "Then I will check on the family. Yell if you need me."

"Will do big guy." Pixie-Bob replied with a mock salute. "Should we get him cleaned up and look for any injuries?" Pixie-Bob looked at her remaining teammates.

Mandalay nodded her head and grabbed a rag and ran it under some warm water. "Clean him up first and then we start getting hooked up to the equipment." She said moving to one of Izuku arms and started cleaning him up.

"I got the other arm." Ragdoll said after grabbing a towel and gently scrubbing Izuku's shoulder before moving down his arm. "Pixie, start with his legs and stay professional."

"Oi." Pixie-bob cried out, shooting her teammate a dirty look. "I owe the guy for saving my life, so don't sully my name please." She knew that Ragdoll was joking, but she didn't want to tell Mandalay or Ragdoll that she felt drawn to Izuku. There was something about how feral he was that made her have inappropriate thoughts as she scrubbed his legs and feet. 'I so need to get a boyfriend.' She thought to herself.

"Sorry," Ragdoll replied with a wince. "I was trying to lighten the mood."

"How about we focus on the task at hand and then we can go get cleaned up." Mandalay suggested to her teammates. She knew emotions were running high after everything that happened and she wanted to keep the peace.

They got to work and had him cleaned up as best they could without taking him to the hot spring to give him a proper bath. They hooked up on a few monitors and started recording his vitals. After everything came back normal. They took turns taking a shower and changing into their civilian attire. Ragdoll was the last one to take a shower and was back before Shino and Ryuko could get too far into a debate on what to make for dinner.

"Any change?" Tomoko asked, still drying her hair with a towel. She had gone with a pair of gray sweatpants and a shirt.

"Nope." Ryuko replied, crossing her arms. She had gone with a red tank top and black lounge pants. "Still out cold."

Shino stood up and went over to pull Tomoko into a hug. Shino had gone with a green t-shirt and gray leggings. "I'm sure he will wake up soon."

"I know." Tomoko said moving to sit at Izuku's bedside and started smoothing out the wrinkles on the blanket they covered him with. "I don't know what's come over me." She chuckled before looking back at Shino. "I've become very motherly all of a sudden."

"Well," Shino said with a smile. "I think he triggered your maternal instincts when he called you Mom" She pulled Tomoko into a tender kiss. "I always knew you would be a wonderful mother."

Tomoko felt her face warm up. "I want to be a Mom and have kids someday." She whispered to her wife." She pulled back enough to look Shino in the eyes. "A-Are you ok with that?"

Shino just kissed her wife again. "I'd love that." She said, giving her wife a small twirl. "How about we talk to a few specialists and see what we can do to fix that."

Ryuko watched the two be all lovey-dovey and it made her both happy and sad. She was happy for her friends and wanted nothing but the best for them. She was sad because she may never find someone to have children with. She looked back over at the sleep Izuku and squashed the thought about how hot he was. 'I just find him attractive because of the adrenaline after he saved my life.' She told herself.