For Heaven's Sake

"So Dontae tells me you have an interest in art?" Tamara asked and Heaven nodded.

It was obvious Dontae was feeling his drinks as his hands roamed her body trying to grab on her any way he could.

Dinner had been simple. Everyone had a good time, there were lots of laughs, it wasn't surprising the food was amazing and even the drinks were good. It honestly was a vibe all night.

Heaven didn't plan on driving home since she assumed Dontae would take her but looking at him she wasn't so sure.

She stood firmly on not drinking and driving or letting others do the same.

It was obvious he had surpassed his limit. 

"I like it. I'm not a scholar like him." Heaven said and Dontae was leaning in and kissing her neck.

It was obvious what was on his mind as she softly pushed him away and continued talking.

Tamara didn't even seem bothered as she took another drink.

Heaven felt her dress lifting and looked to Dontae who smirked and winked at her.

She couldn't help but laugh.

He leaned back in and she giggled swatting him away.

"Sorry." She said turning back to Tamara.

"It's not surprising." Tamara chuckled.

"You're a pretty girl and you look amazing tonight." She added and Heaven smiled.

"Thank you and you're pretty as well." Heaven smiled taking a drink.

"So what do you do?" Heaven asked.

"A lot really. I guess you can say business management." She explained and Heaven nodded.

Heaven felt a hand on her thigh and moved it away.

"So I never really asked but correct me if I'm wrong, you're the big sister?" Heaven asked as she once more moved the hand off her thigh.

Tamara laughed.

"Big, kinda. Older, yes. Sister, no." She said and Heaven grabbed Dontae's hand putting it on the table.

"So you two aren't related?"Heaven felt a light squeeze on her thigh as she asked but it made sense, the two didn't look alike really.

Tamara smiled and Heaven was sure she wasn't drunk.

Heaven glanced up to Dontae's hand wrapped around her and the other on the table with her hand holding it.

After she checked multiple times her eyes went to Tamara who was next to her.

"No, he's my husband." She said and Heaven scooted back as Tamara moved her hand from under the table.

She was sure she had misheard. 

"What?" Heaven said and Tamara smiled. 

"Dontae is my husband." She confirmed.

Heaven glanced around truly lost at what was going on.

"It's okay." Dontae said still holding her.

She looked at him and he leaned in trying to kiss her but she moved back.

Dontae smiled before grabbing her and then kissing her.

"I told her the truth. I love you." He said looking into her eyes and in of all the ways she could have envisioned her night going this was not one of them.

"I-I." Heaven stuttered as she glanced around the restaurant.

There were a few couples who had paid them no mind, the waitresses who were busy clearing the table, and lastly, Tamara who was looking directly at the pair.