Chapter 3

Jimin still remembered the day very clearly, unfortunately for him.

It was the winter season, and Jimin had his winter vacation going on. He remembered making snowmen and snow angels with his father, drinking the hot chocolate made by his mother and cuddling with his parents even after being a teenager on their small couch by the fireplace.

Jimin was an affectionate pup, and being the only child made him even closer to his parents. His mother was an alpha, while his father was an omega. The couple met during their college days on the neighbouring Kim pack, quickly falling in love and becoming a popular campus couple. His mother was friends with Min Donggun, Yoongi's father, who travelled from Jeon pack for his college degree and seemed like a lost puppy to Jimin's mother. After being introduced to Jimin's father; they had become an inseparable trio.

Their friendship remained strong even as Yoongi's father got married and mated. When he expressed his concerns over wanting to mate an omega with an odd condition, the couple encouraged him to follow his heart. They assured him that they were always going to support him no matter what and that he shouldn't think about society and focus on what he wanted to do. They welcomed the omega after their mating with open arms, even when her own in-laws were not very accepting of her. She was nice but distant, and they just assumed she needed some time to get used to them and accept them in her life.

The year the Park couple finally got mated after they considered themselves ready for a family, the precious pup of their best friend was born. Little Yoongi stole their heart and even after residing in a different pack, they made sure to visit the Min family as often as possible. Two years later, their own pup was born, and they named him Park Jimin. For years, they maintained their friendship with their friend and to their delight, their pups were also growing up to be joined in the hips. The boys were as close as actual siblings, and one always begged his parents on every possible holiday or vacation to bring them to the other.

Jimin was fourteen when Yoongi presented as an omega. He remembered hearing his mother talking to Yoongi's father on the phone and her frantic voice. Jimin asked her what was wrong but she told him that it was just about a small accident and when Yoongi could, he would contact him. After three days, Jimin could feel the tension in his parents very easily and pleaded with them to tell him what was going on.

His father relented. "Pup, Yoongi has presented as an omega, but there are some issues. He is very sad and hurt, and is not responding to anybody". Jimin was very confused at the vague description, but nothing else mattered over the piece of information that Yoongi was in pain.

"Appa, we need to go there! Let's go please, we need to be there for him. I need to! We promised each other to always have each other's back."

Jimin was crying at that point, and his parents looked at him helplessly. The roads had become very slippery due to the weather and snowfall, so driving was a bit risky. But they also understood that their friends also needed them and they should visit the Min family.

Jimin regretted the decision every single day. He would never regret wanting to be there for his hyung when he needed him, but letting his parents return without him in the bad weather was something he could possibly never forgive himself for.

If only he had asked them to stay one more day and then return together.

If only he didn't agree to spend the rest of his vacation in Min household.

If only his mother didn't get the urgent call from work asking them to return.

If only his mother had explained that even if the weather had become safer in the Kim pack, it was still risky to drive in the Jeon pack.