Chapter 40

Notes:

Writing the ending is definitely much harder than writing a beginning. :) It took me a while to finally come up with the ending that made me feel satisfied, and it will hopefully make you feel the same.

Happy reading! <3

Jimin should've known that preparing for a wedding was not an easy task. Even though most of it was being handled by Seokjin, god bless him, it was still completely chaotic all around. It was not even a grand ceremony, they were just supposed to have an outdoor wedding in a venue they had finalised a week ago. Nobody other than their families was supposed to be there, which included Jungkook's parents too. Jimin had to approach this subject very carefully to the alpha, but he believed that both Jungkook and his parents would be regretting somewhere along the line if they didn't attend the wedding because of the current situation. It was not an easy task but Jimin managed to convince Jungkook, as the alpha finished it by saying he didn't care if they were attending or not so Jimin could do as he wished. When he asked Jungkook's parents though, both of them looked astonished. Jeon Junghoon just nodded his head silently as Hwayong stared at him with tears in her eyes.

Hoseok was about to be present there, along with Mark and Yugyeom who had become very close to Jimin during those last months.

As thankful as Jimin was to Seokjin, the omega was also the one making most of the fuss and turning this peaceful affair into something grand. It was not as if Jimin was not enjoying this, but he would be lying if he said all those fitting appointments and meetings with the wedding planners were not tiring. But finally, all the preparations were done and their wedding was supposed to take place three days later.

Jimin laughed as he pulled the zipper of his bag close, seeing the sulky alpha sitting in front of him like a pissed-off pup.

"You're laughing?", The alpha asked with a completely betrayed expression, making Jimin laugh even harder.

"Namjoon hyung was right, you can be very dramatic sometimes", Jimin said with a chuckle as he made his way to the alpha.

Jungkook scowled at him at that, "Or maybe I just love you more than you love me".

Jimin rolled his eyes, "It's just two days, I think you'll survive", he smiled teasingly.

Jungkook just pulled him in front of himself with a pout, hugging Jimin's waist and nuzzling his face in the omega's stomach, "Three! And this is not what I had in mind when I proposed, what kind of stupid tradition is this! We ARE married already", he whined once again.

Jimin couldn't help but throw his head back in laughter, "It is what it is alpha, and it would be ridiculous if we went from here together to get married anyway. Besides, you're going to enjoy being single for once, you know?"

"I don't want that", he mumbled stubbornly.

Jimin's face split in a fond smile and he caressed the alpha's hair softly, "I know. I'll be back here before you know it".

"Not true but okay, I'll try to survive", Jungkook sighed and leaned back, standing up as he caressed the omega's cheeks with his thumbs, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

Just then, there was a knock on the door along with a muffled voice, "Minnie, you ready?"

Jungkook groaned as Jimin giggled and made his way to open the door, seeing Taehyung on the other side.

"I am but he isn't", Jimin whispered.

"I can hear you", Jungkook called out from behind them, now standing there with crossed arms.