Coward Bodyguard Song Yi

Song Yi chewed on her bottom lip, tapping her foot and looking around anxiously. To think she was here, standing around in the open as bait...

If she managed to survive this whole ordeal, she'd definitely beat the shit out of that scumbag!!!

Nervously, she stood on guard with her wooden sword. Pathetic, yeah, but she couldn't really bring herself to use an actual sword yet.

She glanced at the sword at her hip in contemplation. This was the sword given to her when she was assigned to be the princess' bodyguard. And... she hadn't used it at all.

A strange rustling noise interrupted her thought process. Immediately, she was on high alert once more. It came from the left...

"Fuck!" As soon as she glanced over towards her left, something came charging at her! She didn't know how, but she managed to block it.

Except... she was now weaponless.

"..." Staring at the huge chunk of wood that slowly slid off of the handle of her sword and fell to the ground with a 'thunk', she stood, frozen.

The opponent spared her no mercy. Without giving her even a second to collect herself, they struck again.

Her body seemed to move on its own. Song Yi jumped back. She was as pale as a ghost and sweating absolute fucking balls.

What the fuck??! What the fuck am I supposed to do, dammit! I don't even have a weapon, I'm so dead!

Her heart was pounding like crazy and her breathing was heavy.

I'm gonna die... I'm gonna die...
I have to, I have to use the sword!

Song Yi grabbed the hilt of the sword at her hip, hands shaking. Still panicking, she wasn't able to dodge the attack that came from behind.

She was frozen as she slowly looked down, only to see that a sword had pierced right through her ambdomen. It all seemed to move so slowly and yet so quickly at the same time. She felt dizzy and lightheaded.

She wasn't even able to scream. She stared at the sword in her stomach, mouth gaping open. Drool dribbled down her chin as the sword was promptly removed from her stomach, but not before the assailant twisted the weapon around, fucking up her insides even more.

Song Yi didn't have the strength left to move. Her body went limp and she fell down like a ragdoll as blood leaked out from her wound.

Yeah, she fucking bled to death.
Goddammit.

[Are you kidding me, host? What was that? You only survived two days in that world!]

Song Yi sat criss-crossed in the dark room with her head hung low. She then looked up at the ball of light hovering over her with an expression full of anguish, pain and anger, "Shut up, jerk! Give me a break, will you? I already told you that I have no idea how to fight!"

"..." The system couldn't help but pity itself.