Let's Light Up The Sky(Part 1)

"Smell the sea and feel the sky, let your soul and spirit fly."

Van Morrison

----------------------------------------------------------------

Aven looked at the skies above him, containing stars no more, engulfed by bright lights sent from the heavens above.

He took a deep breath and turned his attention towards the men that surrounded him and his companion. They were decked in silver, lustrous armor with weapons attached to their belts at their beck and call.

"Hey Rol!" A man shouted into the soft wind, his arms waving in the air in a cheerful manner. "Wanna make a bet?"

"I'm in as long as I'm winning." A small and sly grin formed at the edges of the man nicknamed 'Rol.'

"If I can beat these kids under 4 minutes, you gotta help me get her." The man had an ebullient smile that seemed genuine. He caught the attention of his friends to an opened compass that held the image of an attractive woman on its opened side that hovered in the air.

"And if I can't beat them under 4, I'll give you, lets say..."

"700 Frais"

The shocked faces of the others truly showed the amount that was offered to Rol. The man could probably feed his family for the year of famine that was to come.

"Bet!"

Childish roars erupted from the mouths of the knights, laughs that covered their dastardly acts and nature. Aven's pupils swung sideways like a pendulum, swinging to and fro endlessly. His only purpose was to analyze.

"You ready, kids?" The man that offered 700 Frais asked with a laugh that almost escaped his lips. His fists were pointed towards the teenagers, tempting them to attack.

And attack he did...

Aven made the first move as quick as an arrow. Electrical impulses flowed from his brain to the tips of his fingers, branches of unanimous decisions made in an instant. A fire kindled and taken care of under the shade of his soul burned as brightly as ever, raging and burning the cold metal that covered his soul, reigniting a spark of flame that was once thought to be lost.

He felt alive. Alive once more.

His nimble feet rushed towards his opponent in an unpredictable manner. He was like a shadow; his feet touched the ground, yet it hadn't sensed its presence.

He removed the blades from his scabbards as he drew closer to the man. The metal gleamed in the sunshine, aspiring to be as brilliant as the stars. Aven positioned himself to be as small a target as possible by bending his neck and torso low.

He quickly moved away from the man as soon as he reached his vicinity and re-entered behind the man's back, his blades ready to taste the flesh of the man. 

No one could stop him.

The death of the proud man was inevitable...

Whosh! In a split second, the man disappeared into thin air; the hazy image of his back lingered in his vision for a moment.

"You started early." Fear snecked on him as the man fastened on to his shoulders, never letting go. His whispers were like chaotic screams that drowned in the rivers with no end.

"No one starts early."

Fear spread creeped into his soul; there was no escape. He stood there silently like a dead man; his eyes wore no emotion, yet his heart tried to desperately hide the fear he felt.

"Now." The man removed his hands from the teenager. As fast as he probably could, Aven dashed away from the man and towards his companion.

He turned to face the man.

"Before I start," the man bellowed into the serene atmosphere. "State your names."

A cold silence filled the air once more, its icy grip influencing every word spoken between them.

"My name is Aven."

"And mine, Michael."

The man looked at the people around him and promptly shifted his focus to Aven.

"I guess I gotta say mine, huh..."

The man pressed his fist into his palm, cracking the knuckles in the process.

"Name's Ivan"

"Ivan Regis."

"Lets have a good battle, shall we?"

Aven pointed one of his blades towards the man. Black lightning scampered in the metal—the crackle sounds unusual from the atmosphere. His eyes sparkled like the brightest galaxies that filled the universe. The light grey clouds that engulfed the sky turned into thundering ashen clouds that encompassed the world below it.

Ivan stood still under the high pressure exerted by Aven; his body did not waver nor cower as a thin smile formed in his face. He stretched his right arm into the air, his hand ready to clutch something.

"Frahge." Ivan roared into the stormy winds. The shock waves created by the lightning and thunder instilled fear once more. In an instant, a white-glowing hot bolt of lightning crashed on the top of Ivan's head; a shadowy mist covered his muscular body from human sight.

The mist slowly drifted away and seeped into the green grass. Ivan stood out like a monster, his eyes blazing red while red lightning jumped around his body. In the man's hand was a long broadsword covered in the flames of hell.

"Michael." Aven stared at his companion, "Run."
"What are you saying?" Michael asked with a hint of concern, "This is no time for joking."

"I am not joking, Mich." Aven turned his vision to the indefinite power forced out of the body of his opponent; its power, frightening even for his comrades, "this is no matter we can run away from."

"Does it look like I care about your intuitions?"

"Maybe not," Aven smiled, his thin, chapped lips radiating with joy. "But I'm selfish, so let me be the hero, ok?"

Stillness felt awkward to him, yet it comforted his mind and soul.

"IVAN!" He shouted, his throat unable to shout more.

"YOU ONLY FIGHT ME, ALRIGHT?"

"ONLY ME AND NO ONE ELSE!"

"Now go." He whispered into the soft listening ears of his childhood friend.

"Run until you can't see the tall trees."

"Run until you can't see me."

"I'll find you. I promise."

He steered his mouth from Michael's ears and faced his enemy, who stood many meters apart. He dared not to look back, for the inviting lips of greediness and foolishness might endanger the life of Michael.

"Come on, Ivan." He taunted him.

"Let's light up the sky."

This was no ordinary battle... 

This was a clash between swords... 

A clash between souls...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------