An Unnamed Journey

As Aven walked through the vicious forest along with Liv, he remembered the sway of the trees he used to listen to with his beating heart. During those times, he felt at peace.

"So Aven..." Liv ignited the spark of a conversation as she slashed the wild branches and creepers that flooded the terrain. "Where did you come from?"

"Asache, " he said with a long face, "The greatest nation to ever exist. Once, it slayed the dragon of Iswin."

"Then why did you leave your homeland? Because of personal issues?"

"...."

The cheeriness that Aven held for a short while came to an end. Memories of wars that haunted him engulfed his mind. He felt alone now.

"The nation is no more; only a barren land ruled by a broken family."

She stayed silent as soon as she heard his depressing voice. They gained a steady pace towards the deep forest for a reason he didn't know.

"Where are we going exactly?" Aven asked with a puzzled face, breaking the awkward silence that stood like a barrier between them.

Liv stopped immediately; the sway of the bushes that they passed through was no more. The soft breeze that pierced his clothing slowed down to a stop. His scrambled thoughts slowly died down till it organized itself.

She looked at the fluffy clouds that bathed in the rays of light. The dazzling, shining lights scattered by the green leaves that protected the grove. Her face sparkled in his eyes. The smooth, glistening skin an attraction that pulled him to the center. He felt in awe.

Slowly, a smile started to show in her face. Her features suddenly lit up, which looked kiddish at first glance. She chuckled into the still air, giving it warmth that had been lost.

"Our destination, you say?" She asked with those mesmerizing eyes that one could be lost between its intricate designs. He was beginning to fall in love.

"heh..."

"I myself, do not know."

.........................................................................................................

Authors Note:

This is probably the smallest chapter. Its main purpose was to give insight into Liv's kiddish emotions and Aven's slight attraction towards her. It also gives a small background of Aven's reason.