An Assassin Forged In The Shadows (Part 1)

The shadowy black ground slowly turned to a dark hue of brown as he moved forward in a quickening pace. Souls that he had killed and drowned in these grounds wailed as he went in for his next kill.

Ziing! He brought out his twin scimitars. The blades forged in the hesitation and sorrow people showed towards death. Deathly gold and black enamored the skin of the blades—the perfect weapons for an assassin.

Draped in a wicked black and greyish coat, he felt himself once more. The croaking of colorful birds and the whimpers of wild beasts was music to his ears; his mere presence was a fear in the minds of creatures.

"Not like that." He could hear the faint voice of a girl deep in the forest, with a companion, doubtless. His eyes glowed in ecstasy, the powerful red glow overwhelming his jet black eyes. The voices in the forest quieted down under his rule. The voices were more sharper and coherent than ever.

And then he ran in the direction of the voice, the wind against his actions while the ground attempted to cease his intentions.

Yet he ran further into the darkness with no sign of resistance

He ran into a darkness most feared

He ran into a darkness he loved...

A darkness where blood seeps into the cracks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The slow, calming sound of the crackling of woodfire soothed both bodies as they whispered in the starry night. The dying silence between them was increasing as they chuckled uncontrollably.

"Like this?" He asked as he flipped the onyx-black coat between his fingers and over the back, till it lay over his shoulders. With the knowledge of the next step stripped away from his mind, he quickly inserted his arms into the sleeves and put on a weird expression.

"No, Not like that." She corrected him while barely suppressing a chuckle or two. She took the cloth away from his hands and showed him how to put it on with style and grace, the thin ends of the drooping coat wavering by the piercing wind.

"Hmm." He muttered to himself. "Let me try."

He tried again. His coat over his shoulders and his arms away from the restricting fabric of the sleeves. He felt like a wannabe pirate that looked at the great expanse of the tempestuous, green ocean with a cunning one-handed blade.

"I AM A MIGHTY PIRATE!" His fists were glued to his waist. The glinting light from the fire illuminated his dark pupils. The soft breeze against his body and the solid ground under the underside of his feet.

Then he felt stupid...

The draped coat fell down on the sandy ground.

"Idiot." She remarked, her hands smacked her own forehead in a disappointing way, "I'll show you."

She moved close towards him. He should have felt the air to be romanticized, yet he felt the exact opposite—the winds were now furiously strong, and the wild moans of animals were like flashing signs of danger.

He felt like they were stalked...

He felt the shadow of death loom around the crackling fire.

"Don't," he spoke out in a loud voice, catching Liv in surprise.

She stopped in her tracks and shrugged with her hands slowly rotating like a blooming flower. Her face showed doubt, and her eyes were blessed with the bliss of ignorance.

"What do you mean?"

"Move away." He warned with dark eyes where a speck of ashen grey slowly engulfed his pupils.

"Aven, I'm not going to hurt you." She said with a squeak of laughter, "Its me."

She continued to move one step closer, till she was only inches away from his.

"I SAID MOVE AWAY!"

And then his mind went blank, his consciousness thrown out of the sill and into the abandoned soil. His fragile body fell to the ground as Liv called out to him.

"Aven? Aven?" She was worried as she cupped her soft hands on his cheeks. "You still there? Hang on, alright?"

He wasn't dead. It was just a tactical retreat away from his body and towards the source of the shadow that watched them like a greedy lion.

And then he came back, behind the back of a man.

Quickly, he snuck up behind him and laced his arm around the man's neck, his entire body weight placed against the neck—a sleeper chokehold perfectly implemented.

"I told you to move away, didn't I motherfuc-" His words were interrupted as he received an elbow jab on his nose. The world spun around him as he fell on his back, hitting the solid ground.

And then he gasped for breath once more for columns of air that enabled him to survive for a bit longer. His eyes met with Liv's, who was in utter shock.

"Huh?"

"Ah! Liv. Wait a sec, okay. A man's trying to kill us."

She couldn't respond. Probably didn't have the words to utter. He felt proud, surprising her.

Thank God I can switch bodies with clones.

Without a second to waste, he immediately rushed towards his opponent with a fierce face. The blades unsheathed, basked in the presence of the moonlight. Aven swung both his swords till it met with the black terrifying steel of the curved scimitars, locking his blade in a position where he couldn't push them further into the chest of the man.

As he engaged in combat with the man, he could see a faint yet noticeable glow in the man's pupils. It felt dangerous, which scared him.

"Who are you?" He asked through gritted teeth. The sword in his hands felt heavy as he realized who was behind him. If he let his guard down, the person behind him would be in the line of danger.

"Focus on the fight rather than my name." He laughed as he quickly dove down and swept him of his feet. His startled expression was shown excessively as he fell on the ground. The back of his head striking the ground.

"Ughh." He groaned with pain.

Like a whistle of death played by catchers of souls, the silent scimitars were thrown aimed at the chest. The corrupted steel plunging into his fragile skin. Blood gushed out of his body. His body felt unusually hot as the fading life creeped towards his soul.

"Ahh.." He laughed at himself. "I guess I'm dying?"

The man bent towards him till his face stretched like a balloon. The eyes were as huge as an ox's. He felt scared.

"At least you've come to terms with that." The man felt pleased. "Its reassuring to know."

"Eh." He shrugged, "Don't really care."

And then he passed out just to appear back in another body.

"I'm here, shitface." He called out behind the man's back. His arms looped around the waist of his opponent. With a great deal of force, he lifted the body high; the flowing breeze was very gentle against his body, as if it wanted Aven to crush his enemy.

Thud! The sound of broken bones on impact pleased his mind. Spinal cord broken, jaw dislocated, fingers fractured, and blood plunged into a sea of darkness.

"Aaah. That felt.."

"AMAZING!"

And then he knocked himself out cold.

To wake up in another body.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's  Note:

This ability that Aven posesses is very similar to Naruto's. It is called as limited omnipresence as stated by my frnd.