Chapter 1

BLAIR WRENLEE

⋆⭒˚.⋆🪐 ⋆⭒˚.⋆

"Imagine something calming," I cracked an eye open.

" for example what? " Amy sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

" The beach in Los Angeles-white sand, crashing blue water, you're strolling along the tide line. " It was the first month of winter, and the cold weather did not take kindly to people. And Amy wanted me to imagine the seashore. She is insane.

Even though I was freezing cold, Amy, who was sitting next to me, didn't seem to mind it. She had her leather jacket off and her shirtsleeves rolled up.
We sat facing each other on the meadow. Amy crossed her legs, folded her hands on her knees, and raised her palms up. I lay on the grass with my head on the pillow and listened to her psychological advice.

Several stone mountains grew near us. It was not distinguished by its large size, but it consisted of quite large boulders.

Elaya and Blakeley sat on the biggest boulder above us.

Elaya is not the kind of person who can stay idle all day and spends her time only for having fun, but she never refuses to go somewhere with us. And our meetings are mostly led by Amy, because she is the most creative and fun-loving friend in the friendship.

" hey, are you paying any attention? " Amy snapped her fingers under my nose. I frowned.

" I was, until you started making useless ads about my life. "

" Well, tell me what makes you feel peaceful. "

tried to get up, my bones started cramping from lying in the same position for hours. After standing up, I moved back with my elbows and leaned on the ground.

Chilly wind rattled the few dead leaves that still clung to the branches of the trees. Against the pale winter sky the leaves had a spare elegance, like pen and ink sketches. I remembered Amy's brother's paintings.

" When do I feel most peace? When I chase Eric all over the house with a sharp knife in my hand."

Elaya laughed and Blakeley raised an eyebrow.

"No killing," Amy said. "We're trying to make you feel peaceful. Blood, killing, knifes, those are all non-peaceful things. Isn't there anything else you like?"

" food, books, " I said, " I like books "

Blackley jumped off the boulder. Her long, waist-length hair was tied in a ponytail that was blown by the wind as she walked. She walked towards me and Amy, leaving Elaya on the rocky ground. She came to us and quickly fell beside us.

" I have to leave you guy early today," she said, "I have to go to the city center, I have to pick up my little brother from kindergarten. "

It's been a while since I last saw Blakely's little brother. We don't often go to each other's houses to have fun. If we meet each other, we do it outside. Mostly we act like this because of family situations.

" Are you going to go to the city center by yourself? " I leaned on my arms and stood up.

" Buses don't go from here, I'll probably have to walk. " I thought only Amy was crazy one, but no. only Amy is not crazy. Blakeley too.

" are you out of your mind? " I couldn't understand why she was going to walk when I could have asked my brother to come and pick her up.

" Kindergarten will be closed in a few hours, I have to go now, " Blakeley started to stand up, but I reached out and stopped her. I was holding her with one hand and with the other I was reaching into my backpack to find my phone. Basically everything in my bag is packed together and because of the clutter it's hard to find things, even now, everything was mixed together: earphones, makeup, perfumes, unnecessary checks...