Chapter 4

Aaliyah Ravenwood

⋆⭒˚.⋆🪐 ⋆⭒˚.⋆

It has been several weeks since my brother last came to see me. Strangely, all this is not like his actions. Usually he comes to see me at least 3 times a week.
He doesn't like it when I stay home alone with my father. In some ways I see and understand him. I realize that he cares about me and makes sure that my abuser father does not do anything serious to me. 

After our mother died, Matthew had to join the army. I miss my mommy. When she was by my side, I had nothing to worry about, I was a secure and carefree child, except for the fact that every night I heard the terrible arguments of my parents. But most of the time, I couldn't understand what the controversial topic was, because Matthew would always come, curl up on my bed and cover my ears with his hands. The cause of my mother's death is unknown. Or it's just unknown to me.

My father's job is also unknown.

To observe everything serious that happens in my family is unknown to me. I am the most forgotten member of the family.

I sit on the barred windowsill and put my my notebook on my crossed legs holding a cup of hot tea in one hand.
We don't really have a good and pleasant landscape from here. There is nothing good and beautiful left on earth. Sun, stars, moon.. We have two moons.. But for some reason the moon can no longer add beauty to the earth.
No details are beautiful in it anymore.
Perhaps because as time passed, it became distorted, as I heard that the moon used to be very beautiful, and then the sun's rays were reduced and it lost its beauty. It lost its wings and became an angel with a clipped wing.

Once Matthew told me: an angel who loses her wings or becomes evil and regains everything she lost or gives up and finally closes her eyes...

The moon is probably in the process of falling asleep. slowly closes her eyelids and that's why it becomes impossible for us to see her beauty. In the coming years, we probably won't even be able to see it.

The door slams loudly and I jump in fear. Did Matthew come? No. Matthew would not hit it so loudly because he knows that I am afraid of loud and noisy things. My father came. But it's strange, usually the whole month he gets lost somewhere. He left only three days ago..

" Aaliyah! " His voice echoes throughout the house, and suddenly fear runs through my body like a drug. My hands are shaking and I'm sure my face is pale.
I'm sure I didn't do anything to make him hit me. The dishes are washed, his clothes are washed, there is no house to clean. With shaking hands, I put the teacup on the windowsill and move towards the exit. When I go to the living room, the only thing I see is my furious father and my uncle who is sitting quite calmly next to him. My uncle is a strange man. He looks at my brother and sometimes me strangely. Matthew warns me every time not to touch him and try to avoid him as much as possible.  Sometimes, when my uncle tries to talk to me, Matthew grabs my shirt and drags me to another room.
And then he himself goes to my uncle
Does he talk or shout at him? I can't tell, but Matthew doesn't like to shout very much, he sometimes shouts at my father during arguments. But still, he is mostly a quiet type of guy.

" Where the hell is your brother?! " He shouted loudly, put his hand on his mustache and tried to untie his tie with his other hand. It seemed that there was no air. But it was quite cold around. I can't say what time of the year it was because the world lost that feeling many years ago, but I could tell that it was cold around.